A delicious combination of fresh fruits and creamy vanilla custard will present you with a delightful fruit custard recipe. This recipe will satiate your sweet tooth and provide you with the goodness of fruits. So, if you are looking for a healthy, easy dessert recipe that doesn’t require you to turn on the oven, then you’ve come to the right place!
Also known as custard fruit salad, this is a popular dessert in India. Similar to the other Indian desserts like Rasgulla, Jalebi, Rabadi, or Gajar ka Halwa – this chilled fruits custard makes its presence felt in most special meals and parties. Plus, it can be a great summer treat for your friends, family, and guests!
How to Make Fruit Custard at Home?
A simple milk-based fruit-sweet beverage that is loved by people of all ages – this fruit custard recipe is one of the staple desserts in Indian households. Typically, the custard is made with egg yolk and cream. Here, we are going to make eggless custard by using readymade custard powder, which is prepared from corn flour.
In this recipe, fruits like bananas, apples, green grapes, black grapes, and pomegranate seeds are used. You can also give it a unique touch by adding chocolate syrup and ice cream and making your kids’ favorite dessert. So, let’s see how you can make this delicious, creamy, and rich fruit salad recipe at home!
Prep time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 serves
- 2 cups or ½ liter full cream milk
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 3 tbsp cold milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder/elachi powder
- ¼ cup green grapes (chopped)
- ¼ cup red grapes (chopped)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup banana (chopped)
- ¼ cup mango (diced)
- ¼ cup apple (chopped)
Method to Prepare
For Custard Milk
- Take a thick-bottomed pan and pour milk into it.
- Bring it to a boil and stir it occasionally.
- Meanwhile, take a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of custard powder to it. You can use any flavored custard.
- Then, add 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk to it and mix well.
- Stir it continuously and ensure there are no lumps formed in the custard mixture.
- Once the milk is boiled, turn off the heat and pour the prepared custard mixture into it.
- Then, add sugar. If you like your custard sweet then you can adjust the sugar quantity accordingly.
- Mix constantly and ensure that the flame is on low.
- After some time, the milk will change its color to dark yellow. Plus, it will thicken slightly.
- You can also adjust the consistency by cooking for a long time.
- Transfer your milk custard to a small bowl and let it cool completely.
For Fruit Custard
- Once the prepared custard milk has cooled down, add the chopped fruits of your choice.
- We have used green grapes, red grapes, bananas, pomegranate seeds, and apples.
- Plus, sprinkle some cardamom powder and mix gently.
- Cover the custard and slide it into the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- Once the custard fruit salad is set, it will become thicker and creamy.
- You can add whipped cream or ice cream if required.
- Serve it chilled and enjoy!
Must Check: Aam Ras Recipe: Summer-special Sweet Mango Delicacy!
Slightly on the sweet side, delicious, and filled with the goodness of fruits – this Fruit Custard Recipe is something you can make to quench your everyday sweet cravings. If you want something creamy and packed with exotic fruits, you can try this fruit salad recipe!