These sweet and sour eggs are tangy and delicious! Perfect for lunch or dinner recipes, this flavourful egg recipe can be made in just 15 minutes.
The best thing about this sweet and sour egg recipe is that you can make this recipe with just pantry staples. The homemade tangy and sweet sauce will provide this recipe with an unforgettable umami bomb that is entirely out of this world!
How to Make Sweet & Sour Eggs?
While making this dish, we realised the versatility of eggs as you can experiment with their taste the way you want. Our homemade sweet and sour sauce is the real hero of this recipe, as your tongue will go through so many flavours with just one bite!
For this recipe, we have used sauces like soya sauce, vinegar, red chilli sauce, schezwan sauce, and ketchup. Apart from this, we have used a hint of sugar to give this recipe a dash of sweetness.
So, read on to learn how you can make these tangilicious eggs!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 serves
- Three eggs
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Water, as needed
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Half cup of spring onions, chopped
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, add oil to the pan.
- Now, crack eggs in it.
- Fry eggs until golden brown.
- Now, let’s make the sauce.
- Take a bowl.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, red chilli sauce, and tomato ketchup.
- Then, add sugar and cornstarch to it.
- Pour water as needed. Mix to combine.
- Now, take another pan and add oil to it.
- Add ginger and spring onions to it.
- Add fried eggs to the pan.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the fried eggs.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve it hot, and enjoy!