T he Jalebi is a well-known recipe among the Indian culinary community whose mention can also be found in 17th-century literature. Contrary to the popular belief, this recipe originated in Persia and was brought to the Indian nation by Turkish invaders who spoke Persian. It is known to have been made during the time of Ramzan for distribution during the celebrations.
The texture of the Jalebi could be dense as it is made with flour and with several ingredients that provide the crispness to it but it can also be prepared to be softer on occasions.
The primary sweetness of a jalebi is what makes it a traditional sweet during multiple festivals among people of many nationalities worldwide.
The delicious sweetness found in the jalebi is unparalleled with any other sweet even when there are similarly made with similar ingredients. There’s also the fact that the color of jalebi is usually alike saffron which deems it to be an auspicious sweet which is often decorated with a layer of precious minerals such as silver and gold.
Homemade Instant Jalebi Recipe
prednisone for purchase Here are the ingredients and steps for Homemade Instant Jalebi Recipe:-
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
Serving – 15-20 servings
- All-purpose Flour
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- A spoonful of Rangkat / hydro methanesulfonate
- Half tbsp Baking powder
- Three sliced lemon wedges
How To Prepare:
- To prepare the syrup for the jalebi, add two cups of sugar in a saucepan and fill it with nearly three to four cups of water for stirring and heating it until the syrup begins to boil.
- Since we’ll be preparing it without any added flavors so as to retain the originality of taste, add milk to the odd colored boiled sugar syrup and heat it on a low flame until the syrup looks cleaner.
- Now we’ll be adding Kesar/Saffron into the syrup at low flame to imbibe both fragrance and taste into the syrup. It is advised to add lemon wedges if you desire for the syrup to appear golden in color or else continue stirring it until the saffron is well blended which also implies that your syrup is ready.
- Getting onto the crucial part of preparing the batter for Jalebi, get a bowl to mix a pinch of ‘Rangkat’ with one cup of flour and a third of a cup full of water. Use your hands to mix it well for a few minutes for the batter to become thick and stiffer. Upon this prepared batter, add half a tablespoon of baking soda and again mix it thoroughly.
- Get a piping bag with a singular nozzle at the hole and fill it with batter. On the other hand heat oil at low heat in a deep saucepan and pour the stiff batter by squeezing the bag in circular shapes onto the oil.
- Fry the batter in oil until they’re crisp on both sides and allow the oil to be drained out of them after taking them out onto a paper towel for immediately dipping them into the warm sugar syrup. Do this in batches and let both sides be properly immersed into the sugar syrup for the best taste.
- Finally, remove them again and serve them on a plate for friends and family.
You can try this homemade instant jalebi recipe on any special occassion to celebrate it with full of sweetness.