If you are looking for something spicy and flavored to add as a side dish to the next party, this Bombay Potatoes recipe can be your choice as it will definitely be loved by all your guests. Moreover, you can serve it in lunch or dinner to your family with some other food, such as Naan (Indian flatbread) or can also be used as the stuffing to make an Indian sandwich.
For Indians who are living in other countries, this Bombay Potatoes recipe can be your best side dish if you are planning for an Asian feast for your friends or colleagues. These Indian-style potatoes are a great way to make people love the taste and culture of India.
Delicious Bombay Potatoes Recipe
This recipe is a great transformation of potatoes with traditional Indian flavors to spice up your taste if you get bored of eating those common daily meals. It is a delicious Indian side dish and is quite easier to make. Moreover, it will be appreciated by each family member, even your kids as it tastes super authentic.
Let’s start making this super easier, spicy, and moreish recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 15g ginger – peeled and grated
- 3-4 chopped garlic cloves
- 5-6 chopped large tomatoes
- 3 large potatoes and cut them into halves
- 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 small thinly sliced onions
- 2-3 green chilies – cut them into halves, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of black mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- Half teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- 1 cup of chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Salt as per the taste
Method to Prepare:
- Take a food processor and add ginger, garlic cloves, and 2 tomatoes in it and blend these ingredients to make a smooth paste. Once it is done, set it aside.
- Now, take a large saucepan and add potatoes in it. Cover them with water and bring them to boil from medium heat to simmer for around 10-12 minutes or until they become tender. Drain and let them cool.
- In the meantime, take a non-stick pan and heat oil on medium heat. Now sauté onion and sprinkle a pinch of salt and cook them for 10-15 minutes or until they turn golden.
- Next, add mustard seeds, chilies, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala and sauté these ingredients for 1-2 minutes before adding tomato mixture.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and add potatoes and the remaining one tomato. Let it cook for a few minutes until all spices are mixed well with potatoes.
- Garnish Bombay potatoes with chopped coriander leaves to serve.
You can make a paste of ginger, garlic, and tomatoes in advance and keep it in the freezer so that you can use it anytime when you have less time to prepare food. This tip can save your preparation time and your Bombay Potatoes will be ready within a few minutes.
- Calories: 268kcal
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
Want to add some spice to your meal? Bombay Potatoes Recipe is the perfect Indian side dish with the pieces of juicy tomato. So, next time when you crave eating potatoes in some different way, don’t forget to cook this delicious recipe of your dreams.