A one-pot meal made using aromatic spices, basmati rice, and eggs will provide you with a classic dish that is delicious and super-easy! In just 10 minutes and a handful of ingredients, you will be able to whip up this effortless weeknight dinner recipe.
There is something satisfying and comforting about this egg rice recipe, and its quick cooking nature is what makes it perfect for lazy weeknight dinners.
This humble recipe proves that you need not spend hours in the kitchen to create a fantastic dish everyone loves.
Make Egg Pulao Easily at Home with This Recipe!
Our egg recipe is super easy to make as it is basically similar to our Egg Bhurji, loaded with the goodness of eggs, and will satisfy all your pulao cravings.
It is a versatile Indian recipe that is made using a melange of Indian spices.
This dish is so versatile that every region, nook, and corner of India has its own egg pulao recipe. However, our recipe is super simple.
It doesn’t take much time, and you can prepare it using leftover rice.
This recipe is beneficial when you have guests at home. Plus, it is very convenient for bachelors and working people.
Remember, this is not egg biryani, as we will make egg bhurji first and then add rice to it to prepare the street-style egg rice in just a few minutes. So, let’s see how you can make this flavorful rice at home.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 serves
- Rice, two cups
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 1 ½ tablespoons oil
- One teaspoon of ginger, finely chopped
- One teaspoon of garlic, finely chopped
- One red onion finely chopped (medium)
- One teaspoon of green chilli, finely chopped
- Two tomatoes finely chopped (medium)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- One teaspoon of red chilli powder
- Salt, as per taste
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter
- Two tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
Method to Prepare
- Take a large nonstick pan and add oil to it.
- Now, add ginger, garlic, and green chillies to it. Stir fry it for around half a minute.
- Then, add chopped onions and fry them until they are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, and salt.
- Fry everything for a couple of minutes until the tomatoes break down slightly.
- Now, add lightly whisked eggs and cook them on medium flame.
- Keep whisking to mix everything well with the spices.
- Ensure you break the egg lumps while cooking to avoid making an omelette.
- Now, add rice and butter and mix well.
- Cook for a few minutes until rice is covered in bhurji.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!