5 ingredients and 15 minutes are enough to make crispy, juicy, and delicious jalebi at home! This jalebi recipe is one of the staple Indian sweet delicacies can be seen in weddings, celebrations, and festivals.
This crispy and crunchy Indian dessert is dipped in chashni(sugar syrup) and is loaded with sweetness. Don’t worry if you are a novice cook, as this easy jalebi recipe will help you make jalebis at home without breaking a sweat.
Quick and Easy Jalebi Recipe For You!
Still worried about how will you make crunchy and juicy jalebi at home? Well, no need to worry as we have a super easy recipe for you. With this method, you will be able to make halwai-style jalebi at home!
Traditionally, the jalebi recipe is made with a batter of all-purpose flour, gram flour, baking soda, and water. This batter is then rested for fermentation for several hours. Here, we will show you the instant method to prepare jalebis.
We will use a little yogurt to get the same tangy flavor. Now, let’s see how you can make this delicious Indian sweet at home!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Servings: 15-20 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/2 yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of orange food color
For sugar syrup
- 2 Cups of sugar
- 1 cup water
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, add sugar and water to a deep pan.
- Switch on the flame, keep it on medium, and simmer till you get 1 string consistency, for about 15 minutes.
- Check the consistency with your index finger and thumb.
- Take a slightly cool drop of sugar syrup and raise it lightly. If the syrup pulls up well to get a thread, your syrup is ready.
- Remove the pan from the flame and keep it aside.
- Now, take a mixing bowl.
- Add all-purpose flour, yogurt, and food color. Mix well.
- Pour water to make a smooth, thick batter.
- Finally, add baking powder and mix well.
- Now, heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fill the batter in an empty, unused sauce bottle.
- Pipe the batter in circles and cross the circle to make sure your jalebi stays intact.
- Pipe only 3 to 4 jalebis at a time.
- Allow the sizzle to die out and turn when one side is firm.
- Fry the jalebis on low flame till golden brown.
- Remove the jalebis and dip them instantly into the sugar syrup.
- Serve hot, and enjoy.
- Serve these jalebis with homemade rabdi, and you will have the best pairing of Indian dessert for your Diwali feast party!
- You can also enjoy it on the auspicious day of Dusshera, along with fafda, which is a very popular combination in Gujarat.