Meatballs are one of the most famous snacks in Dutch. Most of the Dutch people eat this when meeting family or friends for drinks, chatting, or generally catching up. Meatballs also knew as Bitterballen.
Let’s start to prepare Meatballs. Here are the required ingredients and methods to cook.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/5 lb beef top sirloin steak
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper as per taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small size onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
Required Ingredients for Breading:
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for fry
- 2 Raw eggs
Method To Prepare:
- First, take a large saucepan and put butter to melt on medium heat. Add flour and stir until smooth. Once the flour becomes soft then add beef broth carefully and keep it for the boil, continue to stir it every minute and wait until thickened.
- If your flour and beef broth mixture becomes thick then add beef top sirloin steak, finely chopped onion and fresh parsley. Stir it until the beef top sirloin steak becomes pink. Add salt, black pepper and nutmeg after beef top sirloin steak become pink.
- Now turn off the flame and transfer this mixture to a bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours to be cold. Once the mixture is chilled, roll the small size meatballs.
- Take 3 bowls, in first bowl Place bread crumbs, place all-purpose flour in the second bowl and in the last bowl add whisk eggs milk and olive oil.
- Roll the meatballs first in all-purpose flour then dip in the egg mixture and at last coat with crumbs.
- Again take a saucepan and heat enough vegetable oil to fry. After that keep all the meatballs in heat oil and cook until it becomes golden brown in color from all the sides.
- Remove all the meatballs on paper towels. Now a delicious meatball is ready to eat and serve your family member.
- Try our recipe at your home and give us your feedback in below comment section. I would love to hear from you.