Bored of eating butter chicken? Want to infuse chicken with royal Hyderabadi flavors? If yes, then try this Hyderabadi Chicken Recipe. It is rich, full of flavors, mouthwatering, and can be prepared in just 15 minutes!
This Hyderabadi Chicken recipe will present you with a dish full of juicy chicken delicacy that is a perfect combination of ambrosial flavors and zestful fragrance. Plus, you need not spend hours cooking chicken as this recipe can be cooked quickly.
A Quick Chicken Recipe You Must Try!
Hailing from the Deccan state, this royal chicken recipe is perfect for bachelors and people who hate the long marinating time. In Hyderabadi Chicken, deep-fried onions are used in the marinade, roasted garam masala, yogurt, and ground spices. The chicken is then cooked until it is tender.
This recipe will help you bring the Hyderabadi flavors to your dining table in just 15 minutes. With this recipe, whip up a spicy and savorous chicken dish that is simply irresistible!
So, let’s see how you can make the Hyderabadi chicken curry recipe easily and quickly at home.
Prep time: 10 minutes + 2 hours marination
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 serves
- 1/2 kg chicken
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic crushed
- 4 pieces of green chilly
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chilly powder
- 3/4 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 sliced onions, fried
- 2 tbsp curd
- 8 cashews, finely grinded
For the Gravy
- 1 bay leaf (Tej patta)
- 2 cardamoms (Eliachi)
- 1 small cinnamon stick (Taj)
- 1 clove (Laung)
- 1 small cup of oil
- 1 cup water
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, take a bowl.
- Add chicken.
- Then, add ginger-garlic, chili, mint, and coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, and cumin powder.
- Add two tablespoons of dahi, fried onion, lime juice, and salt.
- Give it a good mix, and seal it with plastic wrap.
- Slide it into the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- If you are okay with waiting, then you can leave it in the fridge overnight.
- After a couple of hours, take the chicken out of the fridge.
- Now, add oil to a pan.
- Then, add bay leaf, whole cardamom, cinnamon stick, and clove.
- Saute everything for a minute.
- Then, add the marinated chicken.
- Pour water and cover it.
- Cook it for at least 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, open the lid, sprinkle coriander leaves, and give it a good mix.
- Transfer it to a serving plate.
- Serve it and enjoy!
- You can serve it with homemade garlic naan or yeast-free naan during feasts and get-togethers.
- You can also pair it with galouti kebab and chicken biryani to host a royal-themed dinner party at your house during this Bakra Eid!
Chicken marinated in yogurt, fried onion, and rich spices – try this Hyderabadi Chicken and relish its tender texture, royal flavors, and enthralling aroma only within a few minutes of cooking!