The most popular protein that everyone just likes to indulge themselves in is chicken, and especially chicken breast! Are you in doubt about what to prepare? Try this smoked chicken breast recipe. Even the pickiest little eaters will agree to eat this delicious and flavorful chicken recipe.
So, let’s make this extra tasty dish that is infused with aromatic herbs and a hint of smoke. Plus, you can be in total control of the spiciness of the chicken and the smokey flavor because the chicken will go with everything. Make it super-smokey and woody or mild and fruity, it’s your choice!
What is the Brining of Chicken?
The brining process involves adding salt and other spices into the water and then the meat is immersed in the spiced water. The meat will remain in this water so that the brine and all its flavors are absorbed by the meat, as it will enhance the taste.
When you smoke meat at a low temperature after brining it, the connective tissues will be broken down. This will present you with a piece of very juicy, tender meat that will just melt in your mouth! You will just love it as it is well worth spending extra time and some effort!
How to make the Best Smoked Chicken Breast Recipe?
Made on a pellet grill, this smoked chicken breast recipe is so easy and simple to make. The boneless, skinless, chicken breasts are juicy and flavorful and the homemade rub will enhance its taste and infuse the dish with the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and spicy flavors.
Plus, this recipe won’t need you to brine or marinate for long hours. The smoking process will only take one hour, making it a perfect meal for busy weeknights. Additionally, serve it with the spicy buffalo chicken wings and make your backyard barbecue memorable and full of flavors!
Season with the simple rub, delicious, and juicy – let’s see how you can make this smoked chicken at your home!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours 50 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
- 4 chicken breasts
For the rub:
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
Method to Prepare
- Preheat your smoker to 225° Fahrenheit and prepare for the rub.
- Take a small bowl and add all the ingredients listed under the section “For the rub.”
- Give everything a good mix to combine well.
- Brush the chicken breasts on each side with a little bit of oil.
- Smother and season the chicken well with the prepared rub. Ensure that the chicken is entirely coated with the rub.
- Keep it aside and let the chicken absorb the flavors for about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Then, slide the chicken into the smoker and cook for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- When the chicken is almost done, brush it with BBQ sauce and slide it into the smoker again.
- After 5 minutes, remove it from the smoker, and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve.
This smoked chicken breast recipe is so easy to make and bursting with flavors due to the homemade rub. These smoke-infused chicken breasts will not only tantalize your taste buds but will also present you with a juicy, tender, versatile, smokey chicken delicacy. Use it for salads, sandwiches, wraps, tacos, or as a simple dish for dinner and barbecue parties, and enjoy it!