RASGULLA is one of the most famous Indian desserts which we can prepare very easily with 3 simple daily use home ingredients.
Let’s check out the step by step process to prepare delicious Indian Dessert Rasgulla.
- 1 Liter Full fat Milk
- 3 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 Cups Sugar or as per your taste
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
Before start preparing RASGULLA make sure you have collected all ingredients.
- First, take approx 1-liter milk and keep it on high flame for rolling boil. Once it starts rolling boil then turn off the flame and leave it for some time to be cold. Now squeeze lemon juice in milk as per the need and stir continuously by using a spoon until we see the cheese layer.
- Take any clean cotton cloth through which we can easily separate the cheese from water and place it on top of the deep pot by covering it completely.
- Now start pouring complete milk cheese very carefully and remove all the water from cheese. In order to remove lemon taste, rinse the cheese with 2-3 glasses of plain water.
- Wait!!! Still, your cheese is not completely ready. Just tie a cloth on tap or hang anywhere for 30 minutes to get rid of excess water and make it thicker.
- Once you feel cheese is ready, transfer it into a plate and mash it properly with your hand to get a proper dough. You can also use a mixer to mash it.
- Make small round pieces from kneaded cheese and boil it in sugar syrup. These small round pieces of cheese drastically increase in size after getting boiled in sugar syrup.
- We need to prepare sugar syrup twice. The first one we need for boiling the round pieces of kneaded cheese and a second one to give taste to RASGULLA
- For first sugar syrup, take a pressure cooker and add 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar then cover with a lid, make sure the pressure cooker’s lid is without whistle on it. Once our sugar syrup starts boiling then add one by one all the round cheese pieces and again cover it from without whistle lid on a medium flame for 9-10 minutes.
- After the above process completed, we can see your RASGULLA size becomes more than double in size. Transfer all the RASGULLA on a bowl and start to preparing the second sugar syrup using previous steps mentioned above but this time we need to add some extra sugar and keep it for roll boiling until we do not see a single consistency in syrup.
- Finally it’s time to add RASGULLA in our ready sugar syrup. Now delicious RASGULLA is ready but just adding little Cardamom Powder top of it makes RASGULLA excellent ion taste.
Please try this Indian Dessert recipe at your home and let me know your opinion in below comment section. I would love to hear from you.