Tuna is one of the most popular fish, consumed by people in Asia, Australia, and even Europe. One of the reasons is that tuna is a versatile ingredient and can be used in salads, sandwiches and even roasts.
Tunas’ popularity comes as no surprise to people who know about the various health benefits of eating tuna. Tuna consists of antioxidants that reduce the effects of aging and make the heart healthier. It has omega-3 fatty acids that help build good cholesterol, it lowers blood pressure, improves your immunity strengthens your bones, and helps with weight loss.
There are several tuna fish recipes you might have tried to make with this exciting ingredient.
Tuna Fish Recipes
- Avocado and Tuna Tapas
- Grilled Tuna with fresh horseradish
- Grilled tuna steaks with grape and caper salsa
- Grilled Teriyaki Tuna
Avocado and Tuna Tapas
Tapas are originally a tasty Spanish dish that can have many different variations. Avocados are also rich in antioxidants, potassium, and magnesium. Mixing tuna and avocados to make these tapas give you one of the healthiest snacks.
- One can of solid white tuna
- One tablespoon of mayonnaise
- Three thinly sliced green onions
- Half a red bell pepper
- One dash of balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper to taste
- One pinch garlic salt
- Two ripe avocados that are halved and pitted
How To Prepare:
- Make a bowl and mix the tuna, mayonnaise, green onions, red pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir them to make sure they mix well.
- Season this mixture with pepper and garlic salt
- Pack the pitted avocado halves with the tuna mixture.
- Garnish with reserved green onions and a dash of black pepper before serving.
Grilled Tuna with Fresh Horseradish
This dish is a mix of some powerful flavors that bring together the rich texture of tuna fish with the tangy flavor of fresh horseradish. This is a great recipe to prepare for a candlelit dinner or even when you host a bunch of your friends.
- Two fresh tuna steaks
- One teaspoon of vegetable oil
- two tablespoons of soy sauce
- Two tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar
- One tablespoon of finely grated raw horseradish root
- Four sliced cherry tomatoes
- Half a teaspoon of hot chile paste
- One tablespoon of minced green onion
How To Prepare:
- Preheat an outdoor grill at high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Then, Lightly oil the steaks with vegetable oil.
- In a bowl, take the soy sauce, rice vinegar, horseradish, cherry tomatoes, and hot chile paste.
- Stir them until they are well combined. Let sit for about twenty to thirty minutes.
- Place the steaks over the hottest part of the grill and cook it for three minutes per side.
- Transfer the steak to a plate.
- Spoon soy sauce mixture over steaks and garnish with green onion.
Grilled Tuna Steaks with Grape and Caper Salsa
When you think of fish, especially tuna, you think of a savory flavor. This recipe changes that bias. This is a zesty dish that gives you a spicy flavor with a hint of a sweet after taste. This is sure to make your taste buds tingle.
- Two cups of red seedless grapes
- One-third cup of drained and rinsed capers
- One minced shallot
- Two tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Four tuna steaks
- A quarter cup of fresh lemon juice
How To Prepare:
- Preheat an outdoor grill for a medium to high heat and lightly apply oil on the grate.
- In a bowl, stir together grapes, capers, shallot, parsley, and olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set it aside.
- Place tuna steaks onto a plate, and brush it with lemon juice.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook tuna steaks on the preheated grill until it is cooked, this should take about three to four
- minutes per side if you want to make the steak medium-rare.
- Serve with the grape and caper salsa.
Grilled Teriyaki Tuna
Grilled meat is a great source of protein and it gives you the freedom to eat larger portions since you are not adding a lot of fats since grilling consumes the least amount of oil. The peppers and seasoning add a spicy yet refreshing flavor to the mix.
- One cup of teriyaki sauce
- Three-quarter cups of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of minced garlic
- One teaspoon ground black pepper
- Four fillets of yellowfin tuna
How To Prepare:
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, oil, garlic, and pepper.
- Place the tuna fillets in the bag.
- Seal this bag with as little air in it as possible.
- Shake the bag well to make sure that the ingredients are mixed and that the tuna is coated well.
- Marinate for half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove tuna from the marinade, and place it on the grill.
- If you wish to eat tuna that is rare and juicy, grill it for about three to five minutes on each side. For
- a medium steak, grill for five to eight minutes per side.
- If you want your steak well done, grill for eight to ten minutes per side.
These tuna fish recipes will help introduce the healthy ingredient tuna, into your diet with new flavors that will make you reach out for the second serving.
So go ahead and try these tuna fish recipes today!