Mushrooms are inclusive of great many health benefits because it contains numerous compounds that positively affect your body. They’re rich in two antioxidants namely ergothioneine and glutathione which are known to not only prevent aging but also help in preventing diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. It also lessens your risk of neurological illness by combating mild cognitive decline thereby boosting memory.
Mushrooms also contain another compound such as the glutamate ribonucleotides that’s good for the heart and the UVB labeled mushrooms are known to convert the ergosterol directly into vitamin D for your body.
Additionally, the mushrooms are also densely packed with multiple Vitamin B compounds that are riboflavin [B2], folate [B9], thiamine [B1], pantothenic acid [B5], and niacin [B3].
Here are some of the best healthy Mushroom recipes that you’ll definitely like if you’re die-hard mushroom lover.
Healthy Mushroom Recipes
- Vegan Scallops
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- Spicy Tofu Hotpot
The King oyster mushrooms with Worcestershire will together uplift the umami and have you delighted for experiencing this new meal that’ll become known for having a unique taste. It’s one of the most favourite healthy mushroom recipe for mushroom lovers.
- 6 inches of dulse or a piece of kombu seaweed
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Two tsp sesame oil
- Half a cup of dry white wine
- One tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Two tsp white miso paste
- A cup of no-chicken broth
- Two tsp low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- Six large king oyster mushrooms
- Pinch of salt
Method To Prepare:
- Use a sharp knife to cut the mushroom stems into 16 pieces of one inch each and cut the flat sides in a diagonal cross-hatch pattern.
- Have a saucepan to whisk seaweed, miso, tamari (or soy sauce), maple syrup, broth, wine, and Worcestershire to be heated over medium heat for a few minutes until the miso dissolves. Now add the mushrooms and reduce heat to simmer and stir occasionally for about 30 minutes. Then let it cool by stirring for about an hour.
- Pat dry the mushrooms gently by putting them in a paper-towel-lined plate by using a slotted spoon and then sprinkle some salt on it.
- Get a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat to heat oil and add the mushrooms to be turned occasionally until they become brown on both sides. Now, gladly serve the mushroom “scallops” with any sauce of choice.
Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
Enjoy the classic beef stroganoff in a vegan manner with vegan sour cream for a thick and creamy tang along with rich mushroom sauce to mesmerize your taste buds.
- Two tbsp all-purpose flour
- One tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Quarter tsp of ground pepper
- Half a cup of vegan sour cream
- A pound of sliced mushrooms
- Two-Third cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces of whole-wheat pasta (fusilli)
- One tsp Dijon mustard
- One and a half cups of vegetable broth
- Quarter tsp salt
- Three tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Method To Prepare:
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and get a large skillet to heat oil on medium-high heat. Now, add onion and stir until its fragrant which will also soften it.
- Continue cooking by adding garlic and mushrooms and keep stirring until liquids ooze out of mushrooms. Add flour and stir it again to then add broth, mustard, and wine. Scrape up brown bits, if any and reduce the heat to a minimum while stirring until the sauce thickens well enough.
- Finally, remove from heat and stir it in a mixture of sour cream, salt, and pepper. Also, drain the pasta and add it to the sauce and mix well. Drizzle parsley on top and serve it happily.
Spicy Tofu Hotpot
Relish this broth of fragrant spices mixed with noodles and tofu that makes it perfect for satisfying you during the chilly dusk with warmth and piquancy.
- Two tsp of chile-garlic sauce
- A quarter cup of soy sauce
- Eight ounces of fresh lo mein noodles
- Two tbsp grated ginger
- Four ounces of fresh stemmed and sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Six minced garlic cloves
- Four cups thinly sliced bok choy greens
- One tbsp brown sugar
- Two tsp of canola oil
- Half cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Four cups vegetable broth
- Fourteen ounces of firm tofu
Method To Prepare:
- Begin by rinsing and draining the tofu and then patting it dry for cutting the block into one-inch cubes.
- Now, heat the oil in a Dutch oven at medium heat to add ginger and garlic. Stir it until it’s fragrant for then introducing mushroom into the mix and cook it again until they’re soft. Pour in the mixture the broth, sugar, soy sauce, and chile-garlic but cover it to boil them.
- Add tofu, bok choy and cover again for it to simmer until the greens are wilted in about 2 minutes. Raise the heat high to add noodles and mix them well with the broth by stirring and upheaving. Cover it again to cook until the noodles are tender and finally take away the heat to add cilantro and for stirring.
- Serve with the utmost enthusiasm.
These healthy mushroom recipes would entice your taste buds while also satisfying the mightiest of hunger. The nutrition gained by eating these vegan meals would surely keep you from straying towards meat for a long time.