It’s only human to desire greater things and sometimes those things end up being delicious food that we consume daily to satisfy ourselves. While outside food can sometimes be potentially harmful, the home-cooked meals are the best way to begin caring about your body. It is being said that the gut is responsible for processing both your emotions and emotional responses which are directly proportional to whatever you provide to your body in terms of food.
To add value to your diet, you must incorporate nutritious food in your daily consumption and Quinoa happens to be one such type of food that provides multiple benefits to your body.
Quinoas are basically seeds that are prepared to be eaten as we do with grains and it also happens to be known as the ‘mother of all grains’.
Quinoas can be either black, red or white in appearance and a cup full of quinoas could provide not only Protein, Iron, Potassium, and Copper but also Fiber, Phosphorous, etc. Additionally, it is also known to contain Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, and Vitamin E.
Let’s look at some quinoa recipes you could cook with this resourceful foodgrain.
Delicious Quinoa Recipes
- Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- Quinoa Veggie Burger
- Spicy Tomatillo Quinoa
Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowl
Multiple spices along with olives, cucumber, and roasted red peppers are the constituents of this healthy recipe which can be served with lemon and a glass of cold Italian white wine.
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion.
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa.
- ¼ tsp salt.
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese.
- 1 tsp paprika.
- A 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers.
- ¼ cup of almonds.
- 1 cup diced cucumber.
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 small crushed clove garlic.
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin.
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper.
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped.
- 1 pound boneless, trimmed and skinless chicken breasts.
Method To Prepare:
- Prepare a baking sheet with a kitchen foil to place a rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat broiler to high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and put the chicken into it after it’s been sprinkled with salt and pepper for being broiled.
- Keep turning the chicken in the broiler until the thickest part swiftly-reads 165 degrees F on a thermometer for 14-18 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to slice or shred for it to serve sooner.
- On the other hand, prepare a smooth puree in a mini food processor containing peppers, almonds, 2 tbsp oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, and crushed red pepper.
- Combine the quinoa, olives, red onion, and the remaining 2 tbsp oil in a medium bowl and divide the quinoa mixture among 4 bowls during servings with equal cucumber, red pepper sauce, and feta.
Quinoa Veggie Burger
Quash the rumors that mention that a vegetarian burger cannot match another one with meat because the Quinoa Veggie Burger is a quick fix to satisfy your hunger completely and can be made in little or no time. This is one of the best and easy quinoa recipes.
- 1 cup water & 1 cup diced onion.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil.
- 8 small whole-wheat burger buns & half a cup of red quinoa.
- ⅔ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic and an Egg (optional)
- ½ cup toasted and chopped pecans.
- ¼ tsp dried oregano.
- 2 cups finely chopped cremini or white button mushrooms.
- ¾ teaspoon dried marjoram.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce.
- ⅓ cup quick-cooking rolled oats.
Method To Prepare:
- Boil quinoa with water in a medium saucepan to then let it simmer down and cook for 15 minutes undercover. Later let it sit but covered for 10 minutes and then fluff it with a fork.
- Mildly grease the baking sheet and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Get a large saucepan to heat oil at medium heat and add onion with ample stirring to soften them. Bring mushrooms, garlic, marjoram, and oregano into the mix and stir until the mushrooms too become tender and then let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Empty egg in a bowl and add quinoa, mushroom mixture, cheese, pecans, oats, and soy sauce to be stirred. Scoop portions of the mixture on the baking sheet into 8 patties with 1-inch space between each patty. Put them into baking until they’re crispy and then serve them with buns with your favorite garnishing.
Spicy Tomatillo Quinoa
Quinoas happen to taste well with most things and this spicy dish will surely become your favorite for it is both Heart Healthy & Diabetic Appropriate aside from being Gluten-Free despite having High Fiber count.
- ½ cup coarsely chopped onion.
- 1 cup red or white quinoa.
- 3/4-1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth.
- 1 medium jalapeño
- A cup of cup corn
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 medium tomatillos rinsed and divided.
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
Method To Prepare:
- Get 4 tomatoes to make a puree in a food processor with ¾ cup of broth and add jalapeno, onion, garlic and 1/2 cup cilantro until they become smooth. Pour nearly equal product of broth into 2 cups.
- Combine the tomatillo mixture with quinoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan to boil them for a while to ultimately reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid is properly absorbed.
- Chop the remaining 2 tomatillos and stir the quinoa along with the addition of corn and the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro. You are now ready to serve it to yourselves or the guests
Quinoa is great for your overall health no matter whether you consume it with or without meat. Since it is rich in minerals and vitamins, it can help someone provide the best nutritional food value without going to great lengths. You should must try these quinoa recipes!