Do you always buy granola bars whenever you visit any store? Have you ever tried making granola bars at home? No doubt, it is a delicious snack that can be enjoyed anytime and is a great bite of heaven. But, if you learn a homemade granola bars recipe just like what you buy from the store, nothing is better than this.
Whether you are looking for a healthy snack idea for preschool, after a sports session, or when traveling in a car, this granola bars recipe has everything to satisfy your hunger in a healthy way. This no-bake granola bars recipe is easy to make and gives a sweet and crunchy texture. The combination of oats and other ingredients complement each other perfectly to give this ultimate breakfast or snack.
No-Bake Granola Bars Recipe
The dried fruits, nuts, and dates together taste great and give you a lot of crunchiness with each bite. You can add any nuts and even chocolate chips to prepare a perfect snack that will definitely be loved by kids. You can simply add whatever you or your family like.
Let’s start making these delicious bars without using any oven or microwave.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 20 medium-sized bars
- 4 cups of oats
- Half cup of sunflower seeds
- Half cup of coconut
- Half cup of flax seeds
- Half cup of oat bran
- Half cup of chopped dates
- Half cup of nuts
- 4 tablespoons of margarine
- Half cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- Half cup of corn syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons of honey
- Half teaspoon of cinnamon powder
Method to Prepare:
- Take a large bowl and add oats, sunflower seeds, coconut, flaxseeds, oat bran, chopped dates, and nuts, and combine everything well.
- Now, take a small pan and heat margarine over low heat until it melts. After this, you have to add brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, honey, and cinnamon powder, stir all ingredients continually over medium heat so that they combine perfectly. Let it cook for 1 minute or until this mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add it to the oats mixture. Combine both mixtures well. Don’t be afraid as this mixture will become very stiff so you need to put some effort into mixing it.
- Take a baking pan and spray it with non-stick spray to avoid sticking the mixture on it. Also, take a foil that is large enough to easily cover the pan. Spray it with non-stick spray and keep it aside.
- Now, it’s time to transfer the mixture into this pan and cover it with foil and start pressing the mixture firmly. Here, the main purpose is to make the even layer of the mixture so you can make it as compact as you want. For this, you can use any equipment, such as a cutting board or anything to press the mixture.
- When it is done as you want, remove the foil and let this mixture cool at room temperature.
- Cut it into pieces of any size you want. But, small pieces would be a great idea.
- You can substitute these ingredients as per your taste and choice, like chocolate chips, raisins, or anything you want.
- You can also use wheat bran instead of oats bran.
- Once you prepare these granola bars, you can keep them at room temperature for up to one week. But, make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Must Read – Banana Pancake Recipe – Best Breakfast Idea for Extra Protein
You just have to wait for a few minutes to enjoy your favorite granola bars without going to the store to buy it. Try this simple to make granola bars recipe and serve them to your family as a quick breakfast or a perfect snack to enjoy anytime.