Colorful, exotic, and refreshing – this milky blue tea is a wonderful version of the herbal blue butterfly pea tea. As it is made with blue tea, it is a caffeine-free version and pretty revitalizing. The lovely, natural blue hue you will get from the pea flowers is utterly mesmerizing.
Need a unique tea drink to amuse your friends? Well, this milky blue tea is the perfect drink for that. This earthy-flavored tea will be the next eye-catching thing at your party. Plus, it is so easy to make! Gather the ingredients, combine, and your charming milky blue tea recipe will be ready.
Dazzling Milky Blue Tea Recipe to Ooze Everyone!
Commonly known as blue tea, butterfly pea tea leaves come from the Clitoria Ternatea plant. These plants are natives of Southeast Asia. The flower of this plant has a distinctive blue shade, and when the tea is made from its petals and leaves, it gives you an Indigo blue herbal drink.
These tea leaves are added to various tea blends and citrus drinks to make colorful and gorgeous tea. However, not only is this tea alluring to look at, but it has many health benefits as well. Butterfly pea flowers are full of antioxidants, shielding you against free radicals, helping you sleep, and have anti-aging benefits!
So, let’s see how you can make this nourishing milky blue tea at home!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 tbsp butterfly pea flowers
- Half cup sugar syrup
- 2 cups milk
- Ice cubes to serve
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, let’s make the butterfly blue pea tea.
- Add dried butterfly pea flowers in a jug or glass.
- Now, pour boiling water into it.
- Stir well and leave the flowers to infuse for about 5 minutes.
- You will have an indigo blue colored tea.
- Now, filter out the flowers and slide them into the fridge for cooling.
- Now, take the serving glass.
- Add ice cubes to it.
- Then, add the cooled butterfly pea tea.
- Now, pour cold water into the glass.
- See the magic happen! Your blue tea is ready.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serve this milky blue tea with butterfly blue tea mojito and enjoy a nourishing sipping session with your friends and family.
- You can serve this tea during your parties and get-togethers to ooze your guests and family members with its color-changing abilities and splendid looks.
- Pair it up with olive garden salad and enjoy a delicious yet healthy and nourishment-rich snack option.