Indian desserts are amazingly delicious, but sometimes, they are tough to cook! Well, that is not the case with our Gajar ka Halwa recipe. Said to be originated from Punjab, this delicious delicacy is enjoyed best during the winter months. Making this delectable dessert recipe will be so simple when you follow our detailed and easy step-by-step guide!
You can prepare this dessert for special occasions and finish your family get-together on a sweet note. All you need are carrots, milk, saffron, cashew, and nuts to cook this mouth-watering dessert that no one can deny!
Delicious and Effortless Gajar ka Halwa Recipe!
Although there is no special festival you will need to feast on the flavors of this gajar ka halwa, however; if you are looking to host a house party, kitty party, or birthday party, you can serve it to get empty dessert bowls and loads of compliments!
This recipe will not only satisfy your sweet teeth but will also help you with some nutrients. Carrots have immense health benefits and are very beneficial for your eyes. The traditional way to make gajar ka halwa is to combine just a few ingredients; you don’t need khoya or condensed milk.
The secret of making this halwa more delicious is to dry roast your favorite nuts and raisins, which will give a rich taste to it. Use ghee instead of oil, and you will have more delectable and interesting halwa!
So, let’s see how you can easily make this delicious and traditional Indian dessert recipe!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time:: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
- 1-kilogram grated carrot
- 20 gm raisins
- Two tablespoon ghee
- 250 gm condensed milk
- 25 gm cashews
- 2 cup milk
- Five strand saffron
Method to Prepare
- To make this halwa, you will only need basic and readily available ingredients, and you are good-to-go!
- Take a small bowl and add milk and Kesar strands. Keep it aside.
- Now, take a kadhai and mix the milk and grated carrots.
- Keep the flame on low and bring them to a boil, slowly. Add your roasted dry fruits here.
- After you boil the milk, add in the kesar flakes, and boil it again till the milk dries up.
- Once the milk is dried, add ghee and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Once it is perfectly cooked, garnish it with chopped almonds and cashews.
- Serve it hot and enjoy!
Gajar ka Halwa is a versatile dessert that can enhance any occasion like birthdays and anniversaries! With this recipe, you will be able to cook a perfect gajar ka halwa and ooze your nearest and dearest ones! Try this easy recipe to satiate your sudden sweet hunger pans.