Well, what do you need to relieve stress other than a puppy? A summer drink that can refresh your mind and bring you back to your best! There is only one drink that can do this and that is the good ol’ mojito recipe! It is a traditional Cuban highball that can take all your stress away from you.
Adding mint will make it full refreshing and mojitos are the perfect cocktail to enjoy the after-work hours, pool afternoons, weekend grill parties with family, and many more. Quick and easy to make, a mojito is a vibrant and lovely drink that is perfect for all situations.
A mojito consists of five ingredients: white rum, sugar, lime juice, mint, and sparkling water. Mixing up all these ingredients will give a blend of sweet, sour, minty drinks that will complement the white rum. A real crowd-puller, a mojito is a drink that can win hearts.
Remember one thing; when life gives you mint leaves then you should make this mojito! The combination of herbaceous mint, citric lime, and fizzy soda will refresh your mind and recharge you instantly.
Garnish it with mint and lime wedge and you will have a restaurant-style fancy drink at your home! Stay home and enjoy this mojito recipe!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Mint leaves
- 2-ounces of white rum
- 1-ounce of fresh lime juice
- Club soda or sparkling water
- Lime wedges, for garnishing
Method to prepare:
- Muddle the mint in the bottom of a cocktail shaker until you smell the aroma inside the shaker. Make sure you don’t crush or pulverize the mint. You just have to bruise it a little and it will leave an aromatic fragrance inside it.
- Add the rum, lime juice, a handful of ice and shake vigorously and make sure they are super chilled as it will make the drink more effective and enjoyable.
- Take a whiskey glass and cover the rim with salt.
- Pour the rum into the glass and throw some ice into it.
- Top it up with a splash of the club soda and a slice of lime and some more mint.
If you really want to enjoy your summer then you should try this mojito. It is one of the most refreshing and loved cocktails by the fanatics and if you think that it is not strong enough then you know what you have to do!