Who would have thought that tasteless chapatis can do wonders with some alteration and tantalize your taste buds along the way! This schezwan cheese frankie will present you with a delight that is full of texture and flavors.
Schezwan cheese frankie is a chatpata Indo-Chinese version of wrap, where the parathas are loaded with a smooth mixture of cheese, veggies, and tongue-tickling schezwan sauce. Plus, it is easy to make this dish as you just have to prepare the veggies and tikki and your tantalizing frankie is ready.
Who Invented Frankie?
After his trip to Beirut, Amarjit Singh Tibb brought the frankie recipe to Mumbai. In 1969, Tibb brought the Indian version of the Lebanese Pita into existence. The hungry commuters passing by his restaurant relished the recipe. Since then, frankie has been people’s all-time favorite street snack.
The crunch of lightly sauteed paratha, the golden hue of the crust, the crunchiness of the veggies, and the spiciness of the sauces will ensure that there is a blast of flavors in your mouth after every bite!
Now, let’s see how you can make this tasteful schezwan cheese frankie easily at home.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 serves
For Frankie Masala
- 1 tbsp chaat masala
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ tbsp red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon black salt
For the Filling
- 1 tbs oil
- 2 to 3 green chili, chopped
- 1 tbs ginger garlic
- 1 tbsp Frankie masala
- Salt, as per taste
- 3 mashed boiled potatoes
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 par-cooked all-purpose or mixed flour rotis/tortilas
- 1 cup Schezwan sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small cup cabbage, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
Method to Prepare
- Take a small bowl to prepare the frankie masala.
- Add chaat masala, garam masala, red chilli powder, and roasted jeera powder.
- Then, add coriander powder, black pepper powder, and black salt.
- Give it a good mix to combine well.
- Now, let’s prepare the potato filling.
- Add oil to a pan.
- Then, add chopped chili, ginger garlic paste, frankie masala, and salt.
- Add boiled, and mashed potatoes and stir well.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and let it cool.
- Make patties using this mixture and keep them aside.
- Now, heat par-cooked paratha or rotis.
- Transfer one chapati to a serving plate.
- Spread mayonnaise and schezwan sauce.
- Add the potato patty.
- Add sliced cabbage, capsicum, and onions.
- Sprinkle the frankie masala.
- Roll the frankie carefully.
- Serve and enjoy!
Must Check: CHILI GARLIC SCHEZWAN OIL MAGGI: LIP-SMACKING MAGGI RECIPE!
- This schezwan cheese frankie tastes good on its own, but you serve it with your favorite beverage to enhance its taste even more.
- Perfect for brunch or light dinner – you can serve these frankies when you feel overwhelmed after a tiring day.