With holidays just a month away, It is time for you to try some new recipes during this year’s festivities. Before it comes to being and before Thanksgiving arrives, why not have a sweet family meal that is easy to prepare but delicious all the same! Yes, we are talking about the chicken pot pie recipe!
The best thing about this recipe is that it can be conveniently made while serving to be a healthier food option. Requiring simple nutrients for delivering a delightful taste, the Chicken Pot Pie is rife with protein-rich veggies that can contribute to healthy metabolism and cellular growth.
Aside from the health benefits, the Chicken Pot Pie Recipe will certainly appease all members of the family for its dense texture that has a creamy and sweet taste. Thus, quickly learn about its preparation from the steps given below to have a great family dinner time. Also, don’t forget to check the additional cooking tips!
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
Serving – 10 servings
- Two Eggs
- Two cups Milk
- Two cups Chicken Stock
- Five cups Cooked Chicken
- Two cups Peas
- Two cups sliced Carrots
- One Puff Pastry
- Two cups Celery
- Half cup Flour
- One cup Butter
- Half tsp Pepper
- Half tsp Celery Seed
- Two cups chopped Onions
- One tsp Salt
- One tsp Garlic Powder
- Half tsp Black pepper
- One tsp minced thyme
Method to Prepare
- Begin the preparation by preheating the oven at 220°C and use an iron skillet to melt butter over medium flame for cooking carrots, onions, and celery until the onions are softer.
- Proceed to add salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, and flour into the butter to be whisked until the sauce is thick which is a cue to add peas and chicken into the sauce.
- Use a flour-dusted Square surface to put a pastry sheet over it and proceed to cut a three-inch square that overlaps at the top of the chicken mixture.
- Beat two eggs in a small bowl along with one tbsp water and brush it over the puff pastry before placing the pastry into the oven for less than half an hour.
- Upon the pastry turning golden brown, remove it from the oven and if needed then consider covering it with a foil to not let it become dark quickly.
Calories – 735 k.cal
Carbohydrates – 39 g
Protein – 31 g
Fat – 54 g
Sodium – 590 mg
Sugar – 5 g
Additional Cooking Tips
- Instead of cooking chicken from scratch, you could purchase it from the grocery store to save time yet gain a luscious chicken base.
- Switch up the vegetables to make the Chicken Pot Pie excitingly beneficial by adding broccoli, lettuce, etc.
- Using different types of dressings will serve to elevate the taste but avoid adding something that is close to the mayonnaise taste.
- Seasoning could also be performed by using garlic powder and sesame seeds or celery seeds instead of simply salt and pepper.
- Use different types of flour along with yogurt in the meld to get the thicker sauce for a creamy chicken pot pie recipe.
If you are looking for a recipe that is perfect for a holiday meal then look no further than the chicken pot pie recipe. It is one of the most delicious and lip-smacking recipes. So, if you want to infuse delicious flavors into your holiday then you should try this recipe!