Apple Pie is not just a holiday dessert. Its fondly consumed in many parts of the world and rightfully so. There’s never a wrong time not to bake an apple pie.
Although different types of apples could lead to a slightly noticeable difference in taste, personal preferences ultimately decide its final form. Even if you think you’ve not got the perfect apples, fret not because there’s ne’er and apple pie that’ll fail to delight you with its taste.
Perfect Apple Pie Recipe
Let’s quickly check the ingredients that you’ll need to make this perfect apple pie every time that’ll always be both fantastic and delicious.
- Prep Time – 20 minutes
- Cooking Time – 1 hour
- Serving – 1 serving
- Eight sliced Apples
- Two Flaky Pie Crust
- One beaten Egg
- One cup Flour
- Half cup Sugar
- One tbsp Cider Vinegar
- One tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Unsalted Butter
- One tsp Turbinado Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Half tsp Ginger
- Half tsp Allspice
- Begin with preheating the oven to 425°F. Meanwhile, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, vinegar, nutmeg, along with ginger, apples, salt, and allspice in a bowl to be mixed well.
- Make one batch of pie dough and gently fit it into a 9″ pie plate with the edges trimmed. Yet, leave 1″ of pie dough hanging out from all sides. Then, fill it with the mixture in a way that there’s a noticeable heap at the centre.
- Apply butter on all the sides and dole out the second batch of dough over the pie. Trim the edges before adding the new batch, which will again need to be crimped.
- Let the top crust have tiny vents. Form them by cutting with a knife and spread beaten eggs all over the surface. Over the top, add or drizzle the turbinado sugar.
- Before you transfer the pie to the oven, please put it on a baking sheet. Bake this for fifteen minutes or furthermore until the crust browns.
- Once brown, lower the temperature a notch to 375°F to be baked for another forty-five minutes. The crust should observably become golden brown as a result.
- Remove the pie to a rack to be cooled at least for an hour before serving.
Calories – 620 k.cal
Carbohydrates – 92 g
Protein – 8.3 g
Fat – 32 g
Sodium – 429 mg
Sugar – 46 g
While there exist variations in cooking the apple pie, the combinations you could enjoy eating it are also numerous.
You may sprinkle some cheese over the top, put it in the oven for a short while, and obtain a creamier taste. Alternatively, you could add it up with ice cream, custard, and other condiments to have an exemplary dessert to satisfy your tastebuds in all seasons.
Stay tuned with us on Instagram for updates on recipes.