Do you have hard-boiled eggs leftover from last night’s party? If yes, then this egg salad recipe is the perfect dish for you to enjoy. It is not only a great option for breakfast on your favorite bread, but you can also enjoy it in a wrap or over salad for lunch or dinner.
Egg Salad Recipe
Apart from adding this egg salad on toast or wrap, you will love to have a spoon right from the container. It is a gluten-free and low-carb recipe, so if you are looking for something like this to add to your diet, you must not miss trying this egg salad recipe. Moreover, it is definitely going to be one of your favorite lunch or snack options.
No worries, if you are not in a mood to have a sandwich, you can enjoy this egg salad with crackers or pita, whatever you like to enjoy. It does not end here! You can also pair it with a salad or soup. Amazing! What a great and easy to make recipe you can have any time you want.
You just need a few ingredients that can easily be available in your pantry and prepare this creamy delicious egg salad recipe to decorate the top of your sandwich and make it yummier.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 8 eggs
- Half cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of prepared yellow mustard
- One-fourth cup of chopped green onion
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- One-fourth teaspoon of paprika
Method to Prepare:
- Take a saucepan and place 8 eggs in it. Now, add cold water in such a way that covers the eggs properly. You have to boil the water and once it is boiled, remove the saucepan from the heat and cover it.
- Let the eggs rest in the hot water for around 10-15 minutes. After this, remove them from the saucepan and let them cool to follow by peeling and chopping eggs in small pieces.
- Take a bowl and add the chopped eggs in it. After this add mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and green onions. Mix these ingredients well. Now, add salt and ground black pepper as per the taste. Also, add paprika as instructed above.
- Now, you have to stir all these ingredients together to mix everything well.
- The egg salad recipe is ready to enjoy on your favorite bread or crackers.
Read More: Avacado Egg Salad Recipe
- You can store this egg salad in the airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- No worries if you don’t have mayonnaise at your home, you need not visit the store to get it. Greek yogurt is the best substitute for mayonnaise.
- You can experiment with your favorite spices. Like for adding heat, you can try a little cayenne, while for adding more flavors, you can add a little cumin or garlic powder.
Nutritional Value (per serving):
Calories – 343.8cal
Carbohydrates – 2.3g
Fat – 31.9g
Protein – 13g
Calcium – 60.6mg
Sodium – 360.6mg
Nothing is better than trying this egg salad recipe with the combination of hard-boiled eggs and mayonnaise with some salt and pepper to taste. It is a perfect lunch with a rich and creamy texture. Once made means you will really want to make it every day.
Follow us on Instagram for latest recipe updates.