If you are looking for a dish or an ingredient that you can add to your menu easily as a side dish and entrées then look no further than this Brussels sprout recipe! It is a one-of-a-kind magical ingredient that can elevate your food and provide you with amazing nutrients.
You will be fascinated by their looks as they look like a mini version of cabbage. Now, the big question – how would you add this one of the healthiest ingredients to your menu? Well, they are ultra-versatile as you can roast them, boil them, or bake them; people are just going to enjoy eating this nourishing ingredient.
Delicious and Healthy Brussels Sprouts Recipe!
Now, let’s talk about its nutrients – one of the best things about Brussels sprout is that they are very high in nutrients and also a rich source of Antioxidants. It may help protect against cancer and is a great source of fiber. These sprouts are also rich in vitamin K, a nutrient important for blood clotting and bone metabolism.
Another benefit of Brussels sprout is that they may help you maintain a healthy blood sugar level with the help of fiber and antioxidants. It is also a good source of ALA omega-3 fatty acid and that will help you reduce inflammation insulin resistance and cognitive decline.
Now, let’s talk about the recipe. With just a handful of ingredients, you will be able to make this garlicky and cheesy recipe in no time. You can serve this recipe as your holiday meal and make your family a nourishing meal!
This Brussels sprout recipe really makes the tastiest sprouts ever! Garlic roasted Brussels sprouts with crispy and golden edges and finish it with the sprinkling of cheese. It is easy, it is delicious, and it is full of nutrients; what do you want more!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, cleaned and trimmed
- 3 cloves of garlic, thin sliced or chopped
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper, as per taste
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
Method to Prepare:
- Take a large roasting pan and place the already prepared Brussels sprouts on it or you can use a large baking sheet. It is necessary to get your sprouts dry before you start cooking them.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Now, add the garlic, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and follow it with the olive and you toss it to coat it thoroughly.
- Keep them uncovered and roast them for around 20 to 25 minutes until they are crisp, brown, and caramelized on the outside, and tender from the inside.
- Serve it by grating more cheese on them while they are hot. It will give the sprouts a delicious and cheesy look that will be loved by everybody.
Read More: How to Make Brussel Sprouts Taste Better?
- You need to make sure the sprouts are dry. Perfectly dried sprouts will give you the crispiest recipe! If washing, use a paper towel to dry them or you can use a salad spinner to spin the water out of it.
- Slice across in the stem for smaller sprouts as cutting them will be a challenge. The stem is the hardest part of the sprout and cutting cross will allow them to cook at the same time with other sprouts.
- The chances are high that you have never cooked Brussels sprouts before and you may be worried about getting them burned! Well, all you need to look for is brown while roasting them as the brown sprouts will be “Perfectly burned”.
- If you want some more flavors in your sprouts, add some lemon zest before you start roasting them and you can drizzle some lime juice before serving.
The crisp outside of the sprouts will contrast well with the tenderness of the inside and you and your family will just adore this amazingly delicious and nourishing recipe. Add healthy nutrients to your menu with this Brussels sprout recipe!