Want to enjoy a delicious sandwich without hampering your diet? If yes, then this Coleslaw Sandwich Recipe will satiate your taste buds without disrupting your diet. Prepared in just 10 minutes and mayo-free – this healthy sandwich will become your family’s hot-favorite snacking recipe in no time!
Nothing is better than a fresh, crunchy cabbage coleslaw or mixed veggie coleslaw on sandwiches! Make this quick, easy, toasted coleslaw sandwich recipe with your favorite veggies.
It is perfect for diets as this recipe does not use any mayonnaise or fatty products.
How to Make a Coleslaw Sandwich?
To make this diet-friendly sandwich, we substituted mayonnaise with hung curd. Then, a whole head of cabbage is chopped up and shredded along with several more veggies to add more nutritional value to this sandwich.
The hung curd will give this sandwich a creamy, smooth texture, while toasting will provide you with the required crunch.
To make this recipe, follow these step-by-step instructions and prepare a refreshing, tasty, and healthy vegetarian snack in no time!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 sandwiches
- 50gm hung curd
- Four slices of brown bread
- 1/2 cup cabbage, sliced
- 1/4 cup beetroot, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup capsicum, chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt, as per your taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
Method to Prepare
- First, prepare hung curd.
- Take a deep bowl and place a strainer over it.
- Spread muslin cloth over the filter.
- Add 2 cups of chilled yogurt to it.
- Bring all the four edges together to seal it.
- Hang it above the kitchen sink for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Place a heavy plate over it and slide it into the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- Your hung curd is ready.
- After two hours, take the curd out of the fridge.
- Add the veggies to the curd.
- Now, add the spices.
- Give it a good mix to combine.
- Now, spread the mixture between 2 slices of bread.
- Toast it until golden and crispy.
- Serve it, and enjoy!
- This sandwich can be served while on a diet as it will satisfy your sandwich cravings and fill your tummy. Serve it with the Olive Green Garden Salad recipe to enjoy a healthy meal.
- You can also take it for lunch to avoid the post-lunch crash.
Prepare these easy-peasy, colorful, and healthy coleslaw sandwiches in a jiffy and serve your family a delicious and nutritious treat.
So, try this coleslaw sandwich recipe and slide veggies in your children’s meal deliciously.