This cheesy eggplant casserole recipe is full of flavors combined with tenderness and myriads of juicy summer vegetables and fresh herbs. The cheese will make this dish one of the most sought-after recipes at your party!
You need to buy ingredients from the market as you can always use the extra eggplants stored in your refrigerator. Roasted crunchy eggplant, small juicy tomatoes, and cheese will come together to make a delicious eggplant casserole recipe.
Easy Cheesy Eggplant Casserole Recipe
This cheesy eggplant casserole recipe is as easy as you can think! Additionally, you will forget the eggplant parmesan you enjoyed in a posh Italian restaurant. This is the best dinner option for you if you have too much eggplant in your garden!
Also, this recipe is the perfect way to let the eggplants slide on your kid’s menu. We all know that kids don’t like this purple veggie. But not anymore! This eggplant casserole recipe will make them ask for more of this veggie. If you have ended up here because you’re searching for an eggplant recipe that your kids will love – this is it!
Hence, if you are planning a meatless Monday, this is the perfect dinner recipe for you as it is loaded with spinach and other garden veggies. And it’s effortless to make this casserole with no frying involved at all!
So, let’s try this Eggplant Casserole Recipe at home and enjoy its lip-smacking taste!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 6 serves
- One eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- Two cloves garlic, chopped
- Two small tomatoes, chopped
- One can of roasted tomatoes with garlic
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- One bunch of fresh spinach leaves, cleaned and stems removed
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Method to Prepare
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Now, put eggplant slices on a lined baking sheet and pour some olive oil on each side.
- Season the sliced and oiled eggplants with salt and pepper and slide them into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a bowl and mix mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan cheese, and give it a good stir to mix it well.
- Then, take a saucepan, heat it over medium flame, and sauté onion for around 5 minutes until caramelized.
- Now, throw in the garlic, chopped tomato, and spinach to the pan. Stir and cook it until the spinach has wilted.
- Then, add a can of roasted tomatoes to the pan and mix them well. Keep the consistency saucy.
- Now, arrange the baked eggplant in a rectangular dish and pour tomato mixture on top. Now, keep the temperature at 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle the 3-cheese mixture over the eggplants and slide it in the oven for around 40 minutes until you see the cheese bubbling on the top.
- Take it out of the oven and serve it hot to enjoy!
This vegetarian eggplant casserole recipe is best if you want to feed a crowd. Brimming with fresh eggplants, fiber-rich spinach, and garlicky fire-roasted tomatoes – everyone is going to love this Cheesy Eggplant Casserole Recipe!