It’s taco time! We’ve given them an Asian twist with teriyaki-glazed chicken with some teriyaki sauce dripped over it to give it an amazing flavor! Wrapped in warm tortillas, they’re lip-smackingly good.
This chicken recipe fusion of Japanese and Mexican street food is a great way to enjoy family favorite teriyaki chicken, and it only takes 30 minutes to make!
Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Sesame Nori Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 6 tacos
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts – cut in half lengthwise
- 1 ½ cups teriyaki sauce – divided
- Cabbage Slaw – see below
- 8-10 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- ¼ red onion – thinly sliced
- ¼ cucumber – peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Method to Prepare:
- Combine chicken and 1 cup of teriyaki sauce in a large Ziploc bag. Press excess air out, seal and chill for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Use tongs to transfer chicken to a preheated grill or grill pan over medium heat. Cook for 5-8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the slaw by whisking together sour cream, honey, salt and pepper, and sriracha or red pepper flakes.
- Stir in cabbage, red onion, cucumber, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Thinly slice chicken and serve in tortillas with pineapple and slaw.
- Top with remaining teriyaki sauce and serve.
Try the flavor of Korean street with this amazing taco dish! Flavorsome and lip-smackingly delicious – this teriyaki chicken tacos with sesame nori will make sure that your taste buds are thrilled and your hunger is satisfied! Try these tacos to fill your home with some amazing Korean flavors!