Italian cuisine is not only about pizza, pasta, and spaghetti! It has many more delicious recipes kept in store for you. This vegetable tortellini soup recipe is one such Italian dish that is just mouthwatering, healthy, and savory!
When your town has turned into a Winter wonderland or water is pouring down from the skies – a hot and flavorsome veggie tortellini soup is a perfect way to warm up! This Italian soup is full of all the classic ingredients but has the pleasantly unexpected twist of fresh tortellini instead of beans and elbow macaroni pasta.
Packed with various healthy veggies and pasta brimming with cheese – this tortellini soup recipe is one cozy and nourishing way to enjoy your soup. Additionally, you can make this soup in just 30 minutes.
Hence, this soup will give you the best option for a weeknight dinner. The flavorful veggies and herbs make this soup delicious, and tortellini makes this soup a filling and fun to eat soup on a cold night! Now, let’s see how you can make this amazingly flavorful dish at home:
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 serves
- Olive oil, one tablespoon
- Medium onion, one
- Carrots, finely diced
- Garlic, four cloves, finely minced
- Vegetable stock, three cups
- Fire-roasted tomatoes, four medium-sized
- Dried thyme and basil, half teaspoon
- Dried oregano, half teaspoon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Refrigerated cheese tortellini, 250gms
- Fresh baby spinach, chopped, two cups
- Parmesan cheese and fresh basil for garnishing
Method to Prepare:
- Take one large pot and heat one tablespoon of olive oil in it over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrot to it and sautee it for 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic at the very end.
- Add 2 cups of veggie stock, crushed tomatoes, thyme, oregano, and basil to the pan. Stir well to combine them.
- Bring soup to a boil and turn the heat down to let the flavors infuse in the soup. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes on a low flame.
- Once the vegetables are tender enough, bring the soup to medium heat and add fresh tortellini.
- Let the tortellini simmer for 5 to 6 minutes until fully cooked and softened.
- Take the chopped spinach and add it into the soup to let it wilt. If you want your soup a little runny, then add another cup of broth.
- Give it a taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add parmesan cheese to it and serve it with some basil on top.
- Enjoy it while it is still hot!
- The leftover soup will also taste good. So, you can freeze soup in the refrigerator. Just reheat the soup in a microwave or on a small pot on a cooktop.
- Avoid adding tortellini to hot soup. It will overcook the tortellini and make it mushy when reheated. Before you add tortellini, let the soup come to room temperature. Once it is cool enough, add tortellini and cook until tender.
Try this one-pot dinner soup for busy weeknights! This delicious soup can be made quickly and with the help of a few ingredients. So, if you are looking for a heat and eat option, this vegetable tortellini soup is a perfect choice!