Do you love chicken but don’t like the taste of garlic? Do you always love to try something new and ultimate for the weekend lunch or dinner? Is your family fond of chicken and you don’t want to miss any chicken recipe to cook for your family? Then, you must not miss preparing this garlic chicken recipe.
No doubt, this creamy garlic chicken is a great recipe for garlic lovers, but even if you don’t like garlic much, this recipe balances the garlic flavor with cream and other ingredients that you will definitely like. Moreover, you can avoid taking whole garlic cloves in your dish, a great option. It is the ultimate comfort food with smooth chicken breast in a creamy garlic sauce.
This garlic chicken recipe can also be prepared on the weeknight dinner as it takes only 30 minutes to cook and you can serve dinner with rice or salad, or whatever you would like to have with this creamy food. Also, don’t worry if anyone in your family is not too fond of garlic, the flavor of garlic powder will not make it overpowering, also there is nothing like you have to bite raw garlic. The melt-in-your-mouth chicken and garlic sauce is good enough to relish your dinner to the fullest.
Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 2 chicken breasts and cut them into half lengthwise.
- Some flour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 10-12 garlic cloves, peeled
- Half cup of chicken broth or stock
- Half teaspoon of lemon juice
- One-fourth teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper as per the taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
Method to Prepare:
- When you cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise, you will have four pieces. So, take a dish and sprinkle salt and black pepper on it and mix them properly on the surface of the chicken breasts. Now, coat them in the flour.
- Take a skillet and add olive oil and one tablespoon of butter in it. Heat oil over medium heat and once you find that the skillet is hot, place chicken pieces and sauté them from both sides until they turn golden from both sides, for around 4-5 minutes for each side. Now, transfer the chicken in another bowl and keep it aside.
- Now, reduce the heat and add another one tablespoon of the butter in a pan. After this, add garlic cloves and cook for nearly 3-4 minutes while stirring them constantly until they turn brown from the outside.
- Next, you have to pour a half cup of chicken broth/stock, lemon juice, garlic powder and cook all these ingredients for another 4-5 minutes or until you notice that liquid has reduced a little.
- Add cream and stir properly. Now, it’s time to add the cooked chicken breast pieces into the skillet. Cook it for another 5-6 minutes until the sauce is noticeably reduced. Also, check if the chicken is cooked through.
- Your garlic chicken is ready to serve. Garnish it with chopped parsley and enjoy.
- It is recommended to use large boneless chicken breasts as you have to cut them into half lengthwise. If you are using small chicken breasts, you can take 4 and don’t cut them, simply use them as they are.
- If you have large garlic cloves, you can cut them into halves.
- You can skip using parsley, as it is optional.
It can be ready in just 30 minutes, thus making it a perfect weeknight dinner or you can make it on any special occasion as well. Enjoy this ultimate garlic chicken recipe with rice, mashed potatoes, or even salad to keep your lunch/dinner low-carb. This recipe is a winner of the chicken dinner.