Do you love trying chocolate recipes for your kids? Why not try something yummy and easy to make for your family or guests using dark chocolate? Nothing can be creamier and chocolaty than this wonderful chocolate mousse recipe.
If you are a chocolate lover, chocolate mousse is not only a staple for you, but can also be a perfect dessert to relish at the next dinner party. No doubt, it needs a few hours to set up, but when you enjoy the chilled dessert, you can’t wait to have another one. Absolutely no resisting when this chocolaty dessert is served.
When each bite melts in your mouth, the richness of cream and chocolate is really unmatchable with any other quick to prepare dessert. Every bit of this chocolate mousse deserves an appreciation and may turn you impatient when it is kept in the refrigerator for chilling. But, your patience is worth it. Moreover, everyone will surely be impressed with this cup of chocolate bliss.
Let’s start this heavenly chocolate dessert.
Chocolate mousse recipe
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Ready in: 4 hours 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Take half cup of chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 1 small pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of granulated white sugar
- Half cup of chilled whipping cream
- Another 1 tablespoon of chilled heavy whipping cream
Method to Prepare:
- Take a saucepan and heat some water in it.
- Now, take one heatproof bowl and add chocolate, butter, 2 tablespoons of water, and one pinch of salt in it. Set this bowl carefully over the hot water. Stir all ingredients well when butter will start melting. You have to whisk everything gently until the mixture becomes smooth. Once it is done, keep a bowl aside and let it cool.
- Take another heatproof bowl and add egg yolks, remaining 2 tablespoons of water and sugar. Keep this bowl over the same simmering water and whisk the ingredients until the mixture turns foamy, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add this hot egg mixture in a chocolate bowl and whisk gently to make a smooth mixture. To cool this mixture to room temperature, you can keep this bowl over another ice bowl.
- Take a chilled metal bowl and add half cup of chilled whipping cream in it. Whisk the cream constantly until it attains soft peaks.
- Now, add half of this cream into a bowl of chocolate mixture and gently mix it into the chocolate. Now, add the remaining half cream into the chocolate mixture and again mix it gently until all lines of the cream disappear.
- Divide this mousse equally into 4 ramekins. Cover them with plastic wrap and keep them in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to enjoy chilled chocolate mousse.
- Make sure to use good quality chocolate, because this chocolate mousse will taste as yummy as what quality ingredients you will put into this recipe.
- For a finishing touch, you can use any toppings of your choice, such as chilled whipped cream, candies, fresh berries, or sprinkle some cocoa powder over the top.
- Calories: 297cal
- Fat: 24.8g
- Carbohydrates: 19.8g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 156mg
So easy! Simply try this best and simple to make chocolate mousse recipe for your next party. Also, it is a fantastic dessert for the great fans of dark chocolate. Even your first shot will come out as the perfect trial.