If you love eating eggs then you know there is no chance you are going to miss eating egg curry! A recipe full of flavors, egg curry is a star dish for every egg lover in India. This dish is spicy, full of flavors, and full of herbs.
Making egg curry is as easy as eating it. Just a few ingredients and eggs and boom! Your delicious egg curry is ready to eat with either roti or bread. If you want to try something new then eat your egg curry with rice and enjoy its taste!
Egg Curry Recipe
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 5 servings
- 4 to 5 boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 ¼ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves
- ¼ teaspoon of Kasuri methi
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 small bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon piece
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of coriander powder
- Pinch of turmeric
Method to Prepare:
- Take non-stick pan and heat 1 tablespoon of oil in it. Sauté the eggs until they are golden.
- Take the eggs out of the pan, put them in a plate, and sprinkle some chili powder over it.
- Now, add 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté cumin, bay leaves, and cloves for just one minute.
- Add chili and onion in it and fry them until the onion is golden and add ginger garlic paste in it until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add tomatoes and sauté them until the mixture is mushy and then add red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric, sugar, and salt into it.
- Fry until a nice fragrance comes out it and the mixture leaves the side of the pan.
- Pour water into it and cook until the curry thickens and oil begins to separate.
- Taste the curry to see the salt and adjust if needed.
- Now, it is time to add the boiled and fried eggs into the curry.
- Add them with a hint of Kasuri methi and cook it for 2 more minutes.
- Take it in a plate and sprinkle some coriander leaves to garnish it and serve it with rot or rice and enjoy its amazing taste!
- You can use onion chopped, grated, or in puree form too. If you wish to make puree then boil cubed onions in 2 cups of water until they are transparent. Let them cool and make a paste.
- If you are using stronger garam masala then use only ½ teaspoon with ½ teaspoon of coriander powder.
- If you like your gravy rich then you can add cream into egg curry and if you wish to eliminate dairy products then use coconut milk. But it will be on the sweeter side so adjust masala according to it.
This Indian egg curry is full of flavors and spiciness and if you love your food spicy then you are surely going to enjoy this amazing egg dish with roti or rice. Try this egg curry and let the flavors run wild in your mouth!