An easy and toothsome dessert recipe that can be made in just 15 minutes – this apple halwa will present you with one of the unique sweet dishes you can serve during festival get-togethers. Plus, the smooth texture and the aromatic hints of cinnamon and vanilla make this halwa irresistible.
When sweet craving strikes, make this delish apple halwa! This new addition to the Indian sweet recipe can clearly refresh your dessert menu and mesmerise your family members with your cooking skills. The recipe is very simple and shares similarities with Gajar ka halwa.
How to Make Apple Halwa at Home?
Apple is one of the most versatile fruits, as we can eat it raw or cooked. Apart from his halwa, you can also use this fruit to make apple crisp, apple crumble, or our favourite apple pie (our favourite recipe!).
Now, talking about this recipe, it is simple and easy, without any complication. This apple dessert is generally made as a premium dessert for celebration feasts. If you are bored of having the usual atta or sooji halwa, then this recipe definitely offers you a different experience for your taste buds.
So, let’s see how you can make this exclusive dessert at home.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 3 servings
- 4 apples
- Two tablespoons of ghee/clarified butter
- Eight cashews
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon saffron food colour
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, cut and grate apples.
- Take a large kadhai, heat two tablespoons of ghee, and roast cashews.
- Roast to golden brown on low heat; keep aside.
- Add grated apples to the same pan and keep stirring until the juice from the apple is released.
- Keep cooking until the mixture thickens and softens.
- Then, add ¼ cup sugar and ¼ teaspoon saffron food colour.
- Keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cook the halwa until it separates from the pan.
- Add one teaspoon of vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and roasted cashews.
- Your apple halwa is ready.
- Serve, and enjoy!
- You can prepare this halwa for your brother on the occasion of Bhai Dooj and present him with a uniquely delicious dish to relish during the celebration feast.
- You can also serve it with more conventional Sooji Halwa with it as dessert!