Is pasta one of your family’s go-to dinner options for a busy weekday’s dinner? Then, why not have a box of pasta, its sauce, and some vegetables of your choice as a side dish for a complete meal for your family?
If we talk about one of the popular pasta sauces i.e. Alfredo sauce, it is nothing more than a great combination of butter, cream garlic, and cheese. This Alfredo sauce recipe is quite creamy, cheesy, and comforting, moreover, it has everything that you want in a pasta sauce. If you are in the mood of eating pasta with this super flavorful sauce, it’s really worth trying it.
Many of you may be a little confused about Alfredo sauce. It is actually a white sauce that is commonly used over pasta noodles. Made with butter, cheese, and cream, this is something that makes a perfect pasta sauce and adds taste and flavor to your pasta noodles. The end result of a dish is satisfying, to say the least!
It is easy to make and the perfect sauce for your favorite pasta. In addition to this, you can use this Alfredo sauce recipe in place of marinara pizza sauce or as a dip for breadsticks, veggie sticks, etc., or you can also be used to prepare white lasagna. So, be ready to start preparing it.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Half cup of butter
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- Half teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 pinches of salt or as per the taste
- 2 pinches of ground black pepper or as per the taste
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
Method to Prepare:
- Take a saucepan and add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese in it. Now, you have to cook these ingredients over medium heat and whisk them continuously until the mixture melts, or for around 1-2 minutes.
- After this, add minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and ground black pepper. Continue to stir the ingredients until they get mixed well in the mixture.
- Then, add one cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and cook the mixture for another 3-4 minutes or until you find the mixture getting thick.
- To enjoy this Alfredo sauce, add this to your favorite pasta.
Must Read – Homemade Pizza Sauce – Best Red Sauce for Everything!
- You can store this Alfredo sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days.
- You can substitute Parmesan cheese with Gruyere cheese to have a more rich and creamy texture of the sauce.
Nutritional Value (per serving):
- Calories – 329cal
- Carbohydrates – 3g
- Fat – 33g
- Protein – 6g
- Calcium – 159mg
- Sodium – 347mg
Have you ever tried making this creamy and delicious Alfredo sauce recipe at home? If not then try this recipe today to make the best sauce out there. Once you master this sauce, you will love to make a variety of pasta dishes. To make your pasta healthy, you can add a number of veggies you want and get a true recipe.