This easy recipe will make the best Veg Spring Rolls from scratch, just like your favorite Chinese restaurant or cafe! These spring rolls are crispy, filled with savory mixed vegetable stuffing and flavorsome sauces.
A crispy, tasty vegetarian snack – veg spring rolls are trendy across the Indian subcontinent as Chinese Spring rolls. Additionally, this quick spring roll recipe can also be prepared for breakfast to enjoy a tasty and tummy-filling morning meal.
In this recipe, paper-thin spring roll sheets are stuffed with a toothy Indo-Chinese style filling – which is what this ultimate snack is all about.
The Best Veg Spring Roll Recipe!
In simple terms, spring rolls blend quick Chinese-style cooking and local Indian flavors. The result is otherworldly flavors that are addictive and just irresistible.
Crisp on the outside and filled with luscious flavors from the inside – you won’t be able to stop at a single piece.
These rolls are everywhere, from upscale, posh restaurants to food courts, small cafes, and hawker shops.
Here, we have shared the simplest way to make num-yum veg spring rolls from scratch. So, let’s see the step-by-step guide.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 12 serves
- 2 cups maida/all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2½ cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 chili (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp spring onion (chopped)
- ½ onion (sliced)
- 1 carrot (julienne)
- 2 cups cabbage (chopped)
- ½ capsicum (chopped)
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp chili sauce
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup maida paste (for sealing)
- oil (for frying)
Method to Prepare
For spring roll wrapper:
- Take a large bowl.
- Add 2 cups of maida, 2 tbsp corn flour, and ½ tsp salt.
- Pour 2½ cup water and mix well.
- Whisk until a smooth batter is formed.
- Now, grease a pan.
- Pour a ladleful of batter onto a hot pan.
- Swirl to spread the batter uniformly.
- Cook for a minute without browning the sheet.
- Flip it over gently and cook.
- Your spring roll wrapper is ready. You can use it for Patti samosa or spring rolls.
For veg stuffing:
- Firstly, take a large wok.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Saute 3 cloves of garlic, 2 chilies, and 2 tbsp spring onion.
- Add ½ onion and stir fry on high flame.
- Then, add carrot, cabbage, beans, and ½ capsicum.
- Stir fry without losing the crunchiness.
- Then, add vinegar, soy sauce, chili sauce, pepper powder, and salt.
- Mix well to combine. The stuffing is ready.
To fold and fry spring roll
- To assemble, spread the wrapper on a plate and add a tbsp of veg stuffing.
- Then, rub a tsp of maida paste around the edge.
- Roll and fold the sides to seal the roll tightly.
- Deep fry the roll in hot oil on low flame.
- Stir occasionally until the roll is golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer the rolls to a paper napkin-lined dish to remove excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
- These rolls are generally served as a starter or appetizer before any Indo-Chinese meal. Still, you can also serve them next to samosa or pakora for any party or occasion.
- These rolls can also be a perfect recipe to kick-start a party or get-together. Serve them with veg momos if you are hosting a Chinese-themed menu!
Serve these rolls with your favorite sauce and fill crunchiness and deliciousness to your parties and events with this veg spring roll recipe.
Try it and make the perfect rolls from scratch right at your home!