Can you imagine pizza without pizza sauce? Can you imagine Shawarma without mayonnaise? Well, it is just not possible! Similarly, Mexican cuisine is incomplete without salsa and you can’t imagine the effect absence of salsa can make! Don’t worry we have you covered with an easy salsa recipe!
The salsa recipe is easy to make, flavorful, and tangy and it provides the much-needed savory and spiciness in your food. Packed with flavors, it is perfect as dips and you can take your recipe to the next realm of the taste!
Quesadillas, rancheros, tacos, tortillas chips, and tacos de Carne- all have one thing in common- they all have salsa as their soul! Salsa is the king of the dips and just the mention of the salsa makes you have a party.
When you buy salsa from the market, you get a jar full of sugary tomato soup. For a real bowl of deliciousness and spiciness, make your own at your home. Salsa is one of the most traditional recipes and it has survived many centuries.
Salsa is the treasure of the culinary world and making one at home is not a big deal as we have listed one of the easiest salsa recipes for you! Let’s make one delicious Pico De Gallo at our home!
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 3 cups
- 1 Lb. of Roma tomatoes
- 2 Fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1 Serrano pepper add two more if you like it spicy
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ medium white onion
- ¼ teaspoon of dried oregano
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, as per your taste
- 1 tomato bouillon cube optional
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, for garnishing
Method to Prepare:
- Take a medium pan and place all the ingredients except tomatoes in it.
- Cover them with cold water and bring them to a boil over medium heat.
- After some time, lower the heat and to simmer, and cook until chilies and onions begin to get soft, for around 5 minutes.
- Now, add the tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and their skin cracks.
- Transfer all these vegetables to a plate and let them get cool at room temperature. Reserve ½ cup of water.
- Take a blender or food processor and place a tomato/chili mixture and the cilantro into it.
- Add some reserved water if you feel the consistency is too dry but make sure it is not too watery.
- Start the blending and stoop when you feel you have the right consistency for your Mexicana salsa.
- Transfer it to a container and taste for salt and pepper.
- Using raw ingredients will elevate this salsa recipe and fill your food with amazing flavors.
- Cooking the ingredients will give your salsa a smoky flavor and it will give you something deeper and sweeter.
- You can play around with herbs in your salsa recipe to make your dip fresh and amazingly unique.
- You can substitute tomatoes with fruits like mango, pineapple, and peaches for salsa.
Calories – 16kcal
Carbohydrates – 4 g
Protein – 1 g
Fat – 1 g
Sodium – 188 mg
Sugar – 2 g
Add amazingly tangy and delicious flavors to your tacos and tortillas with this amazing salsa recipe! It is one of the most loved dips in the world. If you crave Mexican food then look no further than this amazingly toothsome salsa.