Spring is a season of amazing green veggies and one of the most unused and rarely eaten veggies is asparagus. Nowadays, you can find it in every grocery store all year but a vegetable has its own peak season.
If you want to enjoy the best asparagus then you should wait for spring as the seasonal Asparagus will taste much better than an out of season. Spring is the only season where you get a chance to enjoy these delicious green veggies and asparagus is one of the gems of this season.
Delicious and Healthy Mushroom and Asparagus Recipe!
The best thing about this amazing veggie is that you have a free hand and can make anything you want from it! It is up to you and your inner creative genius to make the best dish from this simplistic ingredient.
If you want to cut hassle, then just cook them on their own with a pinch of both salt and pepper respectively. You will have one fine dish on your plate! Get your mind running and think of various new ideas to enhance this amazing spring vegetable.
We have a Freekeh recipe blended with mushroom and asparagus. You need not worry if you haven’t heard of Freekeh till now as I was also one of them. Let’s see what Freekeh actually is; Freekeh is harvested while the grains of wheat are still yellow and the seeds are soft. They are low on fat and high in protein, fiber, and are said to be energy boosting.
Adding them with mushrooms and asparagus will make one of the healthiest dishes you can ever try! It is delicious, it is healthy, and it is energy-boosting- all you want from a recipe.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 serves
- 1 ½ cup of cold water
- 1 cup of dry Freekeh
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 8 oz. of baby bell Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of vegetable stock
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Italian Leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese, for garnishing
Method to Prepare:
For cooking Freekeh:
- First of all, we need to cook dried Freekeh.
- Take a large lidded saucepan and place cold water, Freekeh, and ½ tablespoon of oil in it.
- Bring it to a boil and keep stirring occasionally.
- Once it is boiled, lower the heat and simmer for more than 15 minutes. Make sure all the water is absorbed.
- Remove Freekeh from the heat and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Take a large skillet and place it on medium heat and add the remaining olive oil into it.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the pan and sauté them for a minute and then add garlic and sauté it too until the onions become translucent, for about 2 minutes.
- Now, add asparagus, vegetable stock, and sprinkle salt and pepper as per your taste and sauté them for around 2 to 3 minutes. You can add more stock if needed.
- Lastly, transfer this mixture to the bowl of Freekeh and stir it.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed and garnish it with parsley and cheese.
- Serve it warm and enjoy!
If you want to try something new and amazing, then you should try this asparagus recipe blended with Freekeh and the mushroom will add another dimension to the taste of the dish. If you want to be healthy and that too in a delicious way, then you should not miss this amazing dish!