This Delicious Potato Dauphinoise is one of the most loved French side dishes; this potato-based recipe is admired by all due to its amazing flavors. The fantastic salty flavor of cheese and with the refreshing flavor of garlic gives your mouth a much-needed change.
This traditional French dish is always one of the most mouthwatering choices on the menu and if you are planning for a party, then dish can prove to be a savior for you. This dish can be prepared in no time and you can tuck this dish any menu you like due to its deliciousness and how beautiful it looks!
French Potato Dauphinoise
If you can use full-fat cream then it is best as it will give you the texture you desired for this dish and avoid using only milk for this recipe. Use melting cheeses like mozzarellas to get that pizza texture you are looking but don’t forget to sprinkle a pinch of salt on it if you use mozzarella.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- 500ml double cream
- 500ml milk
- 3 garlic cloves
- 8 large potatoes
- 100g grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to your salt
Method to Prepare:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Now, tip 500ml double cream, 500ml milk, and 3 garlic cloves into a large saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Slice 8 large potatoes very finely and them to the cream mixture and simmer it for just 3 minutes until just cooked.
- Don’t forget to stir gently to separate the potato and stop it from sinking and catching the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the potatoes carefully with a slotted spoon and place them in a wide shallow ovenproof dish so that they are around 5 cm in depth.
- Now, it’s time to pour that fantastic garlic-infused cream (discard the garlic piece if you don’t like them) – just enough to percolate through the layers of potatoes and leave a little moisture on the surface.
- Strew over 100g of grated mozzarella cheese and then bake it for 30 minutes until the potatoes are soft and browned.
- Increase the heat for a few seconds before taking out the dish from the oven and serve it hot to enjoy!
- Don’t forget to throw some thyme to add some richness in this awesome potato dish!
- Calories: 541kcal
- Fat: 39g
- Crabs: 40g
- Protein: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
Enjoy this potato au Gratin as this is the crème de la crème of all potato dishes. With the unbeatable combination of cream, butter, and cheese; awe your guests and family members with this amazing and unforgettable potato dish made like never before!