A re you a big fan of chicken? Does your family love soup? Are you looking for easy to cook and healthy dinner recipes? Then, we think this chicken stew recipe is the most comforting food for you and your family. Moreover, it will become the favorite soup of your kids as well.
This chicken stew will be cooked under an hour and tastes wonderful when serving this stew with toasted bread, thus making a complete dinner meal. You might have cooked beef stew many times, so why not change the ingredients this time and make something delicious?
Tasty Chicken Stew Recipe
The combination of chicken breasts and some vegetables give you an all-time favorite meal. Once made, your family will go crazy for this comfort food. So, be ready to prepare this chicken stew recipe every weekend or give them a surprise by cooking it on the weekday’s dinner.
So, replace your pre-decided meal for this dinner with one of the most delicious and hearty chicken soup, a complete meal in itself.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 stalks of celery and cut them into small pieces
- 1 carrot and cut it into pieces
- 1 chopped onion
- Salt as per the taste
- Ground black pepper as per the taste
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of chicken broth
- Half cup of basil leaves and torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- Half teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- 2 chicken breasts with ribs
- 1 can of kidney beans
Method to prepare:
- Take a saucepan and heat oil in it over medium heat.
- Then, add celery, carrot, and onion in the saucepan and sauté these vegetables until the onion turns soft and translucent, for around 5-6 minutes.
- After this, add salt and black pepper as per your taste. Then, add chopped tomatoes, chicken broth, basil leaves, tomato paste, one bay leaf, and dried thyme leaves. Stir all these ingredients to combine them well. Now, add chicken breasts and press them little so that they get submerged in the mixture.
- Cook these ingredients on a low heat and cover the saucepan with a lid to cook the chicken breasts. It must be cooked until the chicken is completely cooked. In the meanwhile, make sure to stir the mixture occasionally and turn the chicken breasts every time, this will take around 25-27 minutes
- Now, take a tong and take out the chicken breasts to a work surface and let them cool for 4-5 minutes. Also, don’t forget to remove the bay leaf from the mixture.
- Now, add the kidney beans to the saucepan and cook them with the mixture until the liquid reduces, i.e. for nearly 8-10 minutes.
- Once the chicken breasts cool, remove the skin and bones from it. Cut the breasts into bite-size pieces or you can shred them as well as per your choice.
- Now, add this shredded or chopped chicken to the stew and bring it to a simmer for another 5 minutes. Sprinkle salt and black pepper as per the taste.
- Take the serving bowls and serve this chicken stew with the bread.
The best way to serve this chicken stew recipe is with crusty bread and enjoys the delicious meal.
If you love soup, you must not miss preparing this chicken stew recipe loaded with vegetables and enjoy this comfort food to warm up yourself on a cold day. Try this recipe today only and get a meal full of protein and carbohydrates, Moreover, serve it with a salad or toasted bread. Promise! You will not find a single piece left in the bowl of the whole family. A perfect soup to try!