If you are too tired to cook something and want to order a takeout meal, stop right there! Instead of eating something unhealthy, try making this delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make pita salad and hummus recipe full of lots of veggies and enriched in nutrients.
This pita salad bowl is tummy-filling and tastes amazingly delectable. It has all the elements you crave with a crunchy bite. Combine this pita salad with the hummus, and you have a fresh, colorful, and flavorful recipe!
Delicious and Easy Pita Salad and Hummus Recipe!
To prevent you from a dry, tasteless salad, we will pair this pita bowl with delicious, creamy, and nutritious hummus. Have you never tried making hummus before? Well, you need not worry as follow our few simple tricks, and you will be able to whip up a creamy smooth homemade hummus without too much effort.
This hummus is more delicious than the store-bought version. The secret of making delicious, smooth, and luxurious hummus is the order you follow while adding ingredients to your food processor.
So, let’s see how you can make this salad and homemade creamy hummus and enjoy a dish that is just unbelievably simple yet delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 5 serves
- ½ cup heaped boiled white chickpeas
- Three tablespoons white sesame seeds
- Four tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- One teaspoon cumin powder
- salt as required
- 3 (7-inch) pitas
- 4 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- ⅔ cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Six tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- One teaspoon sugar
- One teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Method to Prepare
- First, we will make the hummus.
- Take roasted sesame seeds and powder them into a fine or semi-fine texture with the help of a food processor.
- Now, add a teaspoon of chopped garlic, two tablespoons of lemon juice, four tablespoons of olive oil, one teaspoon of cumin powder. Sprinkle salt as per your taste.
- Add one tablespoon of lime juice. If you love a tangy taste, you can add two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Make sure you add salt as per your taste, as boiled chickpeas will have some salt in them as well. So, add less, and if needed, add it later.
- Grind this into a fine or semi-fine paste. Then, add the cooked chickpeas and blend till smooth and light.
- If blending is becoming tough, you can add two or three tablespoons of water.
- Now, we will make the salad. For that, preheat the oven to 375°.
- Set pitas on a baking sheet and bake them for around 15 minutes at 375°. Turn them after 7 minutes. Take the pita pieces out of the oven and let them cool to room temperature.
- Take a large bowl and combine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion, fresh mint leaves, sliced green onions, and parsley.
- Break pitas into bite-sized pieces and add them to the salad.
- Toss everything gently to combine. Set it aside.
- Take a small bowl and mix sugar, lime juice, pepper, and salt. Gradually add oil while constantly stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle this dressing over salad, give it a good toss to coat, and let it stand at room temperature for half an hour.
- Serve the salad with prepared hummus and enjoy!
This recipe is not only easy to make but delicious to eat. It is the perfect recipe to provide your kids with essential nutrients with a delightful taste. So, try this pita salad with hummus and enjoy a healthy and tummy-filling meal!