The mesmerizing and savory aroma emitting from the steaming masala pav is unmatched. However, you need not have to visit the street vendors to eat this delicious delicacy as this recipe will help you prepare it at home easily! It is a spin on the conventional Pav Bhaji recipe, deliciously on par with it yet with its own luminous personality!
Plus, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare. You will need less than 15 minutes to make this snack and can even enjoy it in the dinner. You won’t need any accompaniments to go along with it as it will taste heavenly on its own!
How to Make Masala Pav Easily at Home?
With time, street food in India has become one of the most favored and sought-after meals for all age groups. That has led to the reshaping of many traditional street food recipes. One such simple yet tasty variation is masala pav, which is served differently than traditional pav bhaji to make it attractive and tasty.
If you are not feeling like spending your time in the kitchen preparing the bhaji, then you can try this delicious alternative. The best thing – you can relish it for a snack, lunch, or dinner. It has similar ingredients such as onions, tomatoes, capsicum, and pav bhaji masala. But it can be made in an instant!
So, let’s see how you can make this flavorful masala pav recipe at home!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- Two medium Tomatoes, finely chopped
- One medium capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Red chili powder
- 3-4 tsp Pav bhaji masala, add as per taste
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ⅓ cup water
- Salt to taste
- 4 to 5 pav, sliced in halves
- 2 tbsp Butter for toasting the pav
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
Method to Prepare
- Take a shallow frying pan and melt butter in it. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Then, add ginger garlic paste and give it a good stir. Saute until the raw aroma goes away.
- Add onions to the pan and stir to mix well. Saute till the onions are translucent.
- Then, add in tomatoes and stir them. Saute the tomatoes on low-medium heat.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, chili powder, and pav bhaji masala.
- Stir and mix masala well with onion and tomato.
- Now, add capsicum and saute them for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt as per your taste and pour 1/3 cup of water.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer on low-medium heat. Adding water will soften and cook the tomatoes very well.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in another pan. Place the pav slices on the butter and toast them lightly.
- Turn over the pav and toast the other side.
- Now, place the prepared masala on the pav evenly with a spoon.
- Your masala pav is ready.
- Serve and enjoy!
Easy to make and delicious to eat, this Masala Pav recipe is one tasty snack that you can make when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen and eat something savory. So, try it and fill zestful flavors in your home with this recipe.