On the 7th of June, America will celebrate Chocolate Ice Cream Day! Imagine enjoying a bowl of dark, chocolaty, and rich ice cream topped with chocolate shavings and chocolate chips! Well, now you can turn this imagination into reality with our delicious and easy Belgian Chocolate Recipe.
This true delightful recipe is perfect for celebrating chocolate ice cream day. It is full of Belgian chocolate, which will provide you with decadent, dark ice cream.
Belgian Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe You Must Try!
When we talk about ice cream, no flavor can top chocolate as it is the undisputed king of ice cream flavors. Of course, many will love simple vanilla, some like strawberry, or some adore mango ice cream, but if there is one flavor that stands above all, it is chocolate ice cream.
If you love something dark and sweetly bitter taste, then this Belgian chocolate ice cream recipe is perfect for you!
This recipe will help you make an ice cream that will be dark, chocolaty, and nutty. You don’t need an ice cream maker for it. You can use an electric beater or even a stand mixer. So, let’s see how you can whip up delicious ice cream at home!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes + 1 day freezing time
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 200 gm Dark Chocolate, Melted
- 100 gm Butter
- 100 gm Dark Chocolate Chips for decoration on top
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Shavings, optional
- 2 Bricks Dark Chocolate, optional
- 3-4 tablespoons Chocolate, Melted
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, take a double boiler and melt Belgian chocolate brick along with butter. Keep the flame low throughout the process.
- Stir constantly, as you don’t want to cook your chocolate.
- If it has a granular texture, add some more butter and keep stirring constantly. Make a smooth, silky chocolate ganache.
- Take another large bowl and add whipping cream to it. Beat it using a hand blender or stand mixer for at least 5 to 7 minutes from low to high until stiff peaks.
- Add the chocolate ganache to the whipped cream bowl and whip it again.
- Then, add cocoa powder, pure vanilla extract, and condensed milk to your whipped cream and beat it until stiff peaks.
- Add this mixture into a loaf pan, top it with chocolate chips, and slide it into the freezer for at least 24 hours.
- Take out your pan, and scoop your ice cream into a serving bowl.
- Drizzle some chocolate sauce and sprinkle some chocolate chips and serve.
- If you feel that the pan is not hot enough, cover the chocolate bowl with a lid or plate and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- If the time is not on your side, you can avoid the double boiler method and melt your chocolate in a non-stick pan with butter.
- All you need to ensure is always keep the flame on low, and you will need to stir constantly. Be careful; otherwise, the chocolate will stick to your pan.
A creamy, dark, chocolaty, and silky smooth Belgian Chocolate ice cream will be perfect for your next dessert recipe. You can make it in less than 20 minutes and also you won’t even need an ice maker to whip up this dessert. Garnish it with chocolate chips on top and enjoy this nutty dessert and satisfy your sweet cravings.