If you love pasta and want to make it healthy and delicious at the same time then you should try this amazing creamy vegetable pasta as they are delicious, they are healthy and they are super creamy! With the hint of lemon, you’ll get the savory flavor that will stay in your mouth for a long time!
A healthy and amazing pasta dish, this vegetable pasta is full of nutrients and you can make them without any hassle. Just gather your ingredient, get your pasta ready, and boom! Your amazingly delightful pasta is ready to give you ma much needed boost to your taste buds!
Light and creamy pasta that will not be a burden on your tummy at all! Just eat them without any worries and enjoy the vegetables like asparagus, peas, and basil. These spring vegetables make this pasta a sure hit among adults and it is a great way to present your kid with all the healthy veggies in a more delightful and delicious way with this amazing looking vegetable pasta!
Lemon Spring Vegetable Pasta
If you are planning a pasta theme dinner then this vegetable pasta is the best bet for you as you can add more spring veggies and make it healthier and delicious. The creamy lemon sauce has one of the most delicious and amazing taste with a wide range of flavors in it.
Let’s make this delicious pasta and add some good green in our food!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 serves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 10 asparagus spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14 oz. quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ cup of frozen peas
- 8-ounce of whole wheat farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of almond milk
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 4 lemon slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Method to Prepare:
- Take a large skillet and heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add the shallots, asparagus, peas, artichoke, spinach, and garlic in it.
- Cook for about 5 minutes as vegetables will be tender and spinach will be wilted.
- Cook pasta while put all the vegetables aside in a large bowl.
- Now, let’s make that delicious and delightful creamy sauce and pasta!
- Take a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously and cook pasta accordingly to the instructions given on the package.
- Meanwhile, let’s make the creamy lemon sauce.
- Take a large skillet, the same skillet you used to cook vegetables and melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and whisk it until you don’t have lumps in it.
- Now, slowly whisk in the almond milk, about ½ cup at a time and whisk vigorously.
- Add lemon zest, and keep whisking it until the sauce thickens and then add lemon juice and lemon slices into the sauce and season the sauce with salt and black pepper to give it a punch of flavor.
- Now, drain the pasta and add them to the thickened lemon sauce and add in the vegetables and stir until the pasta and vegetables are well coated with the creamy lemon sauce.
- Remove all the lemon slices with a help of spoon or tongs and get your pasta into a large serving bowl.
- Garnish the pasta with fresh basil and some parmesan and serve warm.
- We have used farfalle pasta here but you can use your favorite pasta and if you choose to use gluten-free pasta then it is the best choice.
- If you love your recipe vegan then you can use vegan butter and vegan parmesan and you can also garnish your pasta with nutritional yeast and make it delicious and vegan.
- Put your lemon into the microwave and warm it for 15 seconds only. This will give you more juice out of your lemon and will make this sauce more lemony.
- You can use various green veggies to make this amazing vegetable pasta. Choose your favorite veggies and make this amazing vegetable pasta in a quick time.
If you are looking for a healthy yet delicious recipe that is not only filled with taste but also full of veggies then you should try this quick creamy lemon spring vegetable pasta. A vegetable pasta dish that is full of tanginess of lemon and full of nutrients of green veggies, try this recipe in your dinner, and get this amazing recipe on your table in just 30 minutes!