You might have made regular spaghetti many times. But, have you ever tried baked spaghetti with meat sauce? It is a classic version of spaghetti with a melted, crispy and cheesy layer on the top. What makes this baked spaghetti a preferable dinner is it is loved by kids as well.
This baked spaghetti recipe has plenty of melted cheese and ground beef filling, thus making it a great dish for family gatherings and for a week-night dinner, a complete meal to enjoy with family! If you want to pair this delicious recipe with something, you can serve it with one of your kid’s favorite salads. Moreover, if you want to add extra cheese, simply place some slices of mozzarella on the top or inside the layers.
You must try this baked spaghetti recipe, ever tasty option for lasagna lovers to have something different than usual.
Baked Spaghetti Recipe
If you are looking to bring some classic meals to your dinner every night, preparing baked spaghetti is something that everyone in your family, even kids, will ask you for this melty cheesy spaghetti every week. It will definitely become one of your family’s favorite classic dinners.
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Servings: 8
- 1 package of spaghetti
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- Half teaspoon of seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- One-third grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 cups of small curd cottage cheese
- 4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
Method to Prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a baking dish and grease it with butter.
- Take a large pot and add water to it. Now, add salt in it and bring the water to boil. Then, add spaghetti in the boiling salted water and stir it occasionally and cook it until spaghetti turns soft or until around 10-12 minutes.
- Once it is cooked properly, drain the spaghetti.
- Now, take a large skillet and heat it over medium heat. Add ground beef and chopped onion in it and cook and stir them, until you notice that onions turn soft and translucent and beef becomes brown. It will take nearly 7-8 minutes.
- After this, add spaghetti sauce and some salt in it and combine them well with beef.
- Take a large bowl and beat 2 eggs in it, then add parmesan cheese and butter in it.
- Add this egg mixture in spaghetti and toss gently to coat everything well.
- Take a greased baking dish and place half of the spaghetti and egg mixture into it. Add one cup of cottage cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, and beef and spaghetti sauce mixture while making their layers.
- Repeat these layers again and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Now, you have to bake it for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the foil and bake it for another 20-25 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- If you want milder flavor and finer texture, you can use Ricotta in place of small curd cottage cheese. But, adding cottage cheese would be recommended to enjoy a great flavor.
- To get a wonderful saucier experience, you can add a bit of extra sauce as per the taste.
Nutritional Value (Per Serving):
- Calories: 728cal
- Fat: 33.6g
- Cholesterol: 150.2mg
- Carbohydrates: 61.9g
- Protein: 42.5g
This baked spaghetti is a great dinner idea for weekdays and even let your kids have their portion themselves. You will be surprised to see how much they like and eat their dinner. This dish will be finished within minutes and you will be asked to make it every week.