Are you looking for an easy recipe that you can make for your next party in no time? Well, here’s the Paneer Pakora recipe for you. This crunchy paneer appetizer is for all the vegetarian folks who are bored of eating Indo-Chinese starters at parties!
Even after an hour, these paneer pops will not lose their crunch! Plus, you can prepare them in advance and keep them in the fridge until they are ready for frying. Whether you are looking for an evening snack or a unique party starter, you will surely amaze your family members and guests with this paneer popcorn recipe.
How to Make the Crunchiest Paneer Popcorn at Home?
Ditch the panko and crushed corn flakes as nothing will beat the good ol’ desi corn chivda in providing crunch to our recipe! Hence, we have used corn chivda to infuse our paneer popcorn recipe with the crunch.
With just a few everyday ingredients and 15 minutes, you will be able to make the best evening snack for your family with this recipe. The introduction of the schezwan chutney to the recipe will ensure that this appetizer tantalizes everyone’s taste buds.
So, let’s see how you can make this recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 serves
- Paneer – 200 grams
- Two tablespoons of all-purpose flour/maida
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- Salt, as per taste
- Three teaspoon chaat masala
- One small bowl of red Chili powder
- Two teaspoon Schezwan chutney
- Water, as required
- Half bowl corn chivda, crushed
- Oil for frying
Method to Prepare
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add paneer cubes to it.
- Now, sprinkle red chili powder, chaat masala, and salt.
- Give it a good mix.
- Now, take a small bowl.
- Add all-purpose flour, corn flour, salt, red chili powder, and chaat masala.
- Pour water to make a thick batter.
- Now, add schezwan chutney and mix well.
- Take a medium-sized plate.
- Add corn chivda to it.
- Add salt and red chili powder and mix well.
- Now, dip the marinated paneer in the batter first.
- Then, coat it with chivda.
- Repeat the same process as we will double coat it for extra crunch.
- Fry the coated paneer pieces in hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve it with your favorite dip, and enjoy!
- Serve this paneer popcorn recipe with the unique and amazing Dahi Ke Sholay recipe, and present the two finest appetizer recipes to your guests at the next party.
- You can also prepare them ahead of time and enjoy them while binge-watching your favorite show late at night.