Thick, juicy, and infused with various spices like cumin, smoked paprika, fragrant oregano, and a little cinnamon – this Lamb Burger will surely tickle your taste buds! Loaded high with fresh burger toppings and Greek-inspired feta sauce, you are going to fall in love with this crowd-pleaser recipe.
However, these burgers are awesome in their own way and provide you with a great change from mundane burgers. You wouldn’t eat a lamb burger every day, but when you do, you would want it to be as awesome as this recipe!
Easy and Delicious Grilled Lamb Burger Recipe!
Basically a Greek delicacy, these lamb burgers are one of the best when you want to try something new. Using lamb instead of beef is great because the process stays the same but you just get some extra flavors naturally.
Besides getting the meat mixture seasoned properly, the secret to making the perfect lamb burger is the same as when making a regular hamburger – be gentle! When you combine ingredients and form patties, don’t compact the meat too tightly. The patties should hold together, but please don’t smash the life out of them or that could lead to a dense, tough patty.
If you’re ready, then let’s see how to make a lamb burger easily at home!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
- 1/2 c. full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. crumbled feta
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped mint
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- Arugula, for serving
Method to Prepare
- Take a medium-sized bowl and add yogurt, feta, mint, and lime juice to it. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Then, divide ground lamb into 4 equally sized patties. Make a hole in the center of each patty, and season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Now, heat a large cast iron skillet over a medium-high flame and add patties.
- Cook them for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium, until crisp on the outside and still pink in the center.
- Now, get toasted burger buns and spread each top and bottom bun with yogurt sauce.
- Add patty, red onion, and arugula, and then close it with the top bun.
- Serve it and enjoy!
These Succulent, juicy patties are full of flavors and go amazingly well with the creamy, cool mint yogurt. If you are looking for a beef alternative, you can rely on this lamb burger recipe. Try and enjoy this delicious burger at your weekend backyard parties and present your family and friends with something unique and delicious!