Try this flavorsome keto samosa recipe when you are bored of eating bland diet food. Additionally, these samosas are baked instead of fried. So, you can eat them as a part of low-carb, gluten-free, ketogenic, diabetic, Atkins, and Banting diets.
A regular samosa contains more than 250 to 300 calories, and that is way too much! Instead, you can try these keto samosas as it has only 155 calories per serving – presenting you with an excellent low-carb starter.
Delectable Keto Samosa Recipe
In this keto samosa recipe, we have filled freshly cooked veggies into a thin-crust pastry. These cooked veggies will add the much-needed flavor to your diet life and let you eat some delightful Indian snacks.
Typically, samosas are filled with potatoes, and that does not sit well with a low-carb diet. So, it is time for us to give you something exquisite in taste and calorie-friendly at the same time.
The healthy dough and savory filling come together to make a spicy and tantalizing treat that people who are not on a diet will enjoy and love. So, let’s see how you can turn this high-calorie Indian snack into a healthy and keto version with this Keto samosa recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 8 serves
For the Filling
- One tablespoon butter, preferably grass-fed
- 6 ounces cauliflower finely chopped
- One medium onion about 4 ounces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- One tablespoon fresh ginger root minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander ground
- One teaspoon garam masala ground
- One teaspoon cumin ground
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds whole
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
For the Dough
- ¾ cup superfine almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese finely shredded
Method to Prepare
- First, take a large skillet over medium flame and add butter.
- When the butter has melted and stopped foaming, add the cauliflowers and onions to it.
- Now, add salt over the veggies and cook them until they are cooked through.
- Throw in the ginger, coriander, homemade garam masala, cumin seeds, and chili flakes.
- Stir it for around 3 minutes and roast the spices. Turn off the flame.
- Now, add the cilantro and taste to adjust seasoning.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to around 375º F and line a baking sheet with a rolling pin and two pieces of parchment.
- Now, set up a double boiler with a large saucepan. Pour 1 or 1 ½ inches of water into it and put a medium bowl on top.
- Boil the water present in the saucepan by simmering it over high heat. Once it is boiled, turn the flame to low.
- Now, put the almond flour, cumin, salt, and mozzarella on the top of the double boiler. Stir it.
- Then, place the flour mixture over the simmering water.
- Keep stirring the mixture until the cheese melts and the mixture turns into a dough.
- Now, add the dough out on one of the parchment paper and knead it a few times.
- Then fill the filling into the dough and shape the dough into a thick triangle.
- Now, fold the triangle and pinch the edges closed.
- Place the samosas on the baking sheet and slide them into the preheated oven. Don’t forget to make fork holes in each samosa to let the steam release.
- Bake them for around 15 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Serve them hot and enjoy!
Now, who said that you couldn’t eat samosas while dieting? Well, this keto samosa recipe will help you enjoy some samosas without going on a guilt trip. So, what are you waiting for? Try this keto recipe today and thrill your taste buds.