Indian Tacos or Navajo Tacos are a delicious native American treat that you will love when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen! This Indian Taco Recipe is effortless, and you can prepare it in no time!
A frybread is used as its base, which is known as Navajo frybread. Around 144 years ago, the authorities of the United States forced Native Indians to live in Arizona – a desert state. So, growing vegetables or fruits was impossible. Hence, due to scarcity of supply, they invented this low-ingredient recipe to sustain their life.
Savory Indian Taco Recipe to Try at Home!
With just a few simple ingredients, you will also make these delectable Indian Tacos at home and enjoy them anytime! The Native Frybread is the real soul of this Indian Taco recipe.
This is a type of meal you will crave again and again, and again! If you are looking for something light and fluffy, then Indian fry bread is your best option!
To make these tacos, you can use any of your favorite taco ingredients. Or you can give it a twist and dust it with some cinnamon powder and sugar, and enjoy it as a tasty dessert.
So, let’s see how you can make this delicious Indian Taco Recipe at home!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 5 serves
For Fry Bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- One tablespoon baking powder
- One teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups oil for frying or as needed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 Tbsp. southwest seasoning
- ¼ cup of chopped onions
- 15 oz . can of ranch style beans
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Method to Prepare
- Take a large skillet and cook the ground beef in it with taco seasoning. Keep the flame on medium-high.
- Once the meat turns brown, turn the flame down and add beans. Heat it thoroughly. Cover the beans and meat mixture and start preparing the frybread.
- To make a frybread, take a medium bowl and add flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually pour milk and stir until the dough is formed.
- Knead the prepared dough until you get a smooth texture. Let it sit for around 5 minutes.
- Now, take a deep, large, heavy skillet and heat oil in it. Cut and flatten out dough into thin tortilla-sized circles.
- Fry the flat dough in the heated oil until both sides are golden.
- Now, put the fried in a serving plate and top it with beans, ground beef, lettuce, and cheese.
If you have never tried this Native American delicacy, then it is time for you to note down this easy Indian Taco Recipe. These tacos will surely tantalize your taste buds and make you hungry for more. So, try these tacos today itself and let the native American flavors flow on your dining table!