Jambalaya is a popular recipe that has West Africa, French, and has Spanish influence on it and consists mainly of meat and vegetables mixed with rice. It was first made in the French region of New Orleans and loved by people from all over the world!
This recipe is easy to make and full of nutrients and you can use this dish to give your body a healthy boost of nourishment and healthy nutrients. This dish is full of bold, stimulating, Cajun jambalaya flavors that everyone loves and adores!
Delicious Jambalaya recipe
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time 30 minutes
- Servings: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 pound of Andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 cups sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons of creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of each dried thyme and dried oregano
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 pound of peeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- ½ cup of fresh chopped parsley
Method to Prepare:
- Take a Dutch-oven and heat sausage in it on medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes. Remove it with a slotted spoon.
- Add diced onions and next 7 ingredients to hot drippings and sauté it for 5 minutes or all the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and next 3 ingredients and sausage and bring it to boil and cover, simmer it on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Now, add in shrimp and cover it. Cook it for 5 minutes or just until the shrimp turns pink.
- Stir in parsley and serve it immediately and hot to enjoy its real taste!
- You can use fresh or frozen okra and if you are using frozen then thaw it perfectly before using it.
- If you love spicy food then add some jalapeños in jambalaya to make it more flavorful and lip-smacking.
You can make this Jambalaya recipe at your home without any hassle and pretty quickly. You just need some ingredients and 30 minutes of your time to make this delicious dish and treat your family with a unique and healthy dish for your party night and enjoy it!