W hat will you do when your son or daughter comes home with the surprise that their friends are going to visit his/her home in the evening? Of course, you will serve something which is really loved by kids, then what about pizza?
Even if you are learning how to make pizza, instead of using store-bought ingredients like a ready-made pizza base and pizza sauce, you can make everything at home with some easily available ingredients and that too without much effort.
It is a classic and delicious homemade pizza recipe that includes pizza dough, pizza sauce, and even various toppings that can be chosen as per your preference and taste. Or if you are preparing it especially for your kids, adding their favorite toppings would be a great idea at all. Make a perfect pizza at home!
Nothing can be compared with fresh-out-of-the-oven pizza and kids will surely love it. Moreover, you can invite your friends for a small get-together on the weekend and enjoy a homemade pizza party without getting anything from outside.
Homemade Pizza For Kids
What if you have started preparing for the pizza in the dinner and suddenly you release that pizza sauce you have in the refrigerator is not enough to make 2-3 pizzas? What will you do? Instead of rushing to the store to buy a pizza sauce, why not prepare it at home with much better taste than the store-bought sauce?
Due to this reason, we have also included the recipe for homemade pizza sauce here, which is delicious and easy to make. Definitely try it to give a perfect complement to the homemade pizza.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
For Pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- One and a half cups of lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- One-fourth cup of extra-virgin olive oil
For Pizza Sauce
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 cups of crushed tomatoes
- Half cup of tomato paste
- Half tablespoon of sugar
- Three-fourth teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Half teaspoon of dried oregano
- Half teaspoon of crushed black pepper
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil as required
- Pizza sauce
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Thinly sliced mushrooms
- Thinly sliced bell peppers
- Thinly sliced Italian pepperoncini
- Thinly sliced onions
Method to prepare:
Prepare Pizza dough
- Take a large bowl and grease it using cooking spray and keep it aside.
- Now, take a small bowl and add water and sugar in it. Stir well until sugar is dissolved completely in the water. Then add yeast and let it sit for 8-10 minutes or until it turns frothy.
- Take another large bowl and add all-purpose flour, salt, and oil in it. After this put the yeast mixture in this bowl and mix everything well using a wooden spoon until all these ingredients combine and dough begins to form. You have to knead the dough against the side of the bowl until you feel elasticity in the dough. It will take around 5 minutes.
- Keep in mind that you have to make a tight ball and once it is done, transfer this kneaded dough into a greased large bowl and cover it with a dish towel. Now, keep it at a place with a little warm environment in your kitchen and let it rise to double its size, i.e. for around 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, you can prepare a pizza sauce.
Prepare Pizza Sauce
- Take a saucepan and add olive oil and minced garlic cloves in it. Cook it for 1-2 minutes on a medium heat, or until the garlic turns soft and fragrant.
- After this, you have to add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, dried basil, dried oregano, crushed black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir all ingredients well to combine them evenly.
- Now, cover the saucepan and cook the ingredients on a low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Then, turn off the flame, and the pizza sauce is ready.
- After 1 hour 30 minutes, gently punch the dough with your fist and divide the dough into two balls. You can either make the two pizzas or if making one, freeze the ball.
- Now, take a large baking sheet and grease it with olive oil. After this, take 2 tablespoons of cornmeal and sprinkle it all over the baking sheet.
- Then, on your work surface, sprinkle some flour and place one dough ball on it. Gently flatten the ball on the work surface using a rolling pin or you can use your hands to stretch the dough. You have to flat the dough about 12” in diameter and try to make it as thin as you can.
- Once it is done, transfer it into the baking sheet and brush some oil all over the dough.
- Then, add 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce (which you have prepared above) in the middle of the dough and spread it outwards using the spoon or ladle. Here, make sure to leave nearly 1” of the dough for the crust.
- Now, it’s time to add the toppings. You can add toppings as per your choice or you can make two pizzas with different toppings. Add some grated mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and crumbled feta cheese. After this, add 1 thinly sliced mushroom, some slices of bell peppers of your choice, some Italian pepperoncini, and 1 tablespoon of thinly sliced onions. At the top, add some grated parmesan cheese over the top to have extra cheesy flavor.
- Now, bake the pizza until the dough turns golden and cheese melts, i.e. for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat the same with the second dough ball and add the toppings of your choice.
- To rise the dough, if you are keeping it at room temperature, it will take around 8 hours and if you are preparing it in advance, you can also keep the dough in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Avoid adding a load of toppings because it may result in the crust ending up with not much crispy that way.
- You can store the pizza sauce in an airtight container for 5-7 days.
Must Read – Italian Pizza At Home – Easy Steps to Make Pizza
Preparing homemade pizza from scratch to the end will definitely going to be great fun. You can use any toppings that your family or kids enjoy the most. Once you start preparing this recipe, you will realize how easy it is to make everything by yourself and you will enjoy each step.
Then, prepare the delicious and fresh homemade pizza for kids and give them a surprise.