Do you want something saucy, delicious, yet easy-to-make dish for breakfast? If yes, then try this hearty combination of chicken sausage egg roll. When you are late for office, rely on this 10-minute roll!
The combination of flavors is irresistible! The sautéed sausages will ensure that the flavors are balanced well with the spicy egg roll. Plus, the mayonnaise will ensure that these rolls fulfill your savory hunger pangs.
How were Chicken Sausage Egg Rolls Invented?
In India, any wrap containing a filling enfolded in an Indian roti (flatbread) is known as a Kathi roll. The Kathi roll recipe was invented in Kolkata, India, in the first half of the 20th century. In Bengali, the word Kathi roughly translates to “Stick,” referring to how they’re made originally.
Then, various regions added their own ingredients, giving birth to several variants of this roll. One of those variants, believed to be originated in the metro cities, was this chicken sausage egg roll!
How to Cook Chicken Sausage Egg Roll?
Making this chicken sausage roll is incredibly easy! Just gather a handful of ingredients, and you’ll be able to make this delicious breakfast recipe in no time! Here, we will be combining tender, juicy chicken sausages with egg Kathi rolls for a heavenly taste and fresh veggies for crunchy bites!
Add a dash of your favorite mayonnaise while assembling these rolls, and you will have a scrumptious recipe. Just make sure that you use fresh veggies; otherwise, you will not have crunchy bites! Plus, you can use your favorite veggies to make them healthier.
So, let’s see how you can easily make these chicken sausage rolls at home!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4 serves
- 3 eggs
- 2 chicken sausage
- 2 all-purpose rotis
- Salt and black pepper, as per your taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili flakes
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, crack two to three eggs in a bowl.
- Then, add black pepper, salt, red chili powder, and chili flakes to it. Beat it to combine the spices and keep it aside.
- Then, pour some oil into a pan and add the sausages to it.
- Sprinkle black pepper over them and saute them until golden brown and crunchy, for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Warm rotis without oil and keep them aside.
- Now, pour some oil into the pan and add the beaten eggs. Spread it all over the pan and put the warmed roti on it.
- Press the roti gently, so the roti sticks well on the par-cooked eggs.
- Turn it after 3 to 4 minutes and cook the base of the roti for further 3 minutes.
- Transfer it to a serving plate and add sauteed sausages to it.
- Add veggies of your choice and top everything with mayonnaise.
- Your chicken sausage egg rolls are ready.
- Serve them warm, and enjoy!
Apart from the delicious breakfast egg rolls, you will absolutely love these chicken sausage egg rolls. These rolls are easy to cook and can be whipped up in just 10 minutes. So, if you are looking for a recipe to feast on a Sunday morning, then try these egg rolls!