Do you want something saucy, delicious yet easy-to-make dish for a breakfast? If yes, then our chicken sausage egg roll recipe will surely satisfy your taste buds and save your time as well. It is a hearty combination that will put together two of the most loved ingredients and help you with a delicious breakfast in just 10 minutes!
The combination of flavors is irresistible! The sautéed sausages will ensure that the flavors are balanced well with the spicy egg roll. Plus, the mayonnaise will ensure that these rolls fulfill your savory hunger pangs.
How Chicken Sausage Egg Rolls were Invented?
In India, any wrap containing a filling enfolded in an Indian roti (flatbread) is known as a kathi roll. The kathi roll recipe was invented in the first half of the 20th century in Kolkata, India. In Bengali, the word kathi roughly translates to “Stick”, referring to how they’re made originally.
Then, various regions added their own ingredients and gave birth to several variants of this roll. One of those variants, believed to be originated in the metro cities was this chicken sausage egg roll!
How to Cook Chicken Sausage Egg Roll?
Making this chicken sausage roll is incredibly easy! Just gather a handful of ingredients and you’ll be able to make this delicious breakfast recipe in no time! Here, we will be combining tender, juicy chicken sausages with egg kathi rolls for heavenly taste and fresh veggies for crunchy bites!
Add a dash of your favorite mayonnaise while assembling these rolls and you will have a scrumptious recipe. Just make sure that you use fresh veggies, otherwise, you will not have the crunchy bites! Plus, you can use your favorite veggies to make them healthier.
So, let’s see how you can make these chicken sausage rolls easily at home!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4 serves
- 3 eggs
- 2 chicken sausage
- 2 all-purpose rotis
- Salt and black pepper, as per your taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili flakes
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, crack two to three eggs in a bowl.
- Then, add black pepper, salt, red chili powder, and chili flakes to it. Beat it to combine the spices and keep it aside.
- Then, pour some oil into a pan and add the sausages to it.
- Sprinkle black pepper over them and saute them until golden brown and crunchy, for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Warm rotis without oil and keep them aside.
- Now, pour some oil into the pan and add the beaten eggs. Spread it all over the pan and put the warmed roti on it.
- Press the roti gently so the roti sticks well on the par-cooked eggs.
- Turn it after 3 to 4 minutes and cook the base of the roti for further 3 minutes.
- Transfer it to a serving plate and add sauteed sausages to it.
- Add veggies of your choice and top everything with mayonnaise.
- Your chicken sausage egg rolls are ready.
- Serve them warm and enjoy!
Apart from the delicious breakfast egg rolls, you will absolutely love these chicken sausage egg rolls. These rolls are easy to cook and can be whipped up in just 10 minutes. So, if you are looking for a recipe to feast on a Sunday morning, then try these egg rolls!