Waking up to the mesmerizing aroma of egg rolls is one of the best feelings in the world. These breakfast egg rolls are great when you enjoy them while they are hot and steamy. Loaded with eggs, cheese, and lots of flavors – you are just going to fall in love with these rolls.
The origin of breakfast egg rolls is disputed. However, they are very close relatives of spring rolls served in mainland China. They were first seen in the 20th century when an early reference to egg rolls appeared in a 1917 Chinese recipe pamphlet.
Easy-to-make and Flavorful Breakfast Egg Rolls Recipe!
Everybody loves egg rolls. However, making a perfect copy of traditional egg rolls is challenging, but you can give it your touch. Stuff these crispy little wrappers with all kinds of fillings and make your mornings full of delicious flavors.
You can add scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, and cheese. You can also add cooked sausage or ham if you prefer to make it tastier and tummy-filling.
Your breakfast egg rolls will be crunchy from the outside and filled with creamy eggs, gooey cheese, and healthy veggies in this recipe. Add in salty sausage and delicious black beans, and you will have breakfast that is worth waking early in the morning. It is hearty, it is tasty, and it is unmissable!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 12 egg rolls
- 1 (8 oz) roll breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One tablespoon unsalted butter
- Six large eggs beaten
- 1 cup Mexican style cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- vegetable oil for frying
Method to Prepare
- First of all, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium flame and add sausage, onions, and peppers.
- Now, cook and break up the meat. Cook it until the sausage is cooked thoroughly and peppers are softened.
- Remove them from the pan and drain any grease.
- Melt butter in the same skillet and then add whisk eggs. Cook the eggs until they are almost set.
- Now, add sausage mixture, cheese, and black beans. Taste and season it if necessary.
- Then, lay an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface and add around two tablespoons of the egg mixture.
- Take the bottom corner of the egg roll and start wrapping it.
- Now, take a large saucepan and heat vegetable oil in it.
- Cook one egg roll for 30 seconds until they are golden brown. Flip frequently.
- Remove the roll from the saucepan and drain on a paper towel. Repeat with the remaining rolls.
- Serve them hot with sour cream and enjoy!
These breakfast egg rolls are one of the most delicious and effortless recipes. They are stuffed with bacon, eggs, and cheese – all age groups love them. Additionally, you can make these egg rolls ahead of time and even freeze them for a go-to morning meal. Hence, try this breakfast egg rolls recipe and fill your morning with unique flavors and delicious taste!