This dense, creamy, and toothsome New York Cheesecake recipe is a slice of dessert that you can’t say no to! The cake is rich and has a velvety texture and crunchy, classic graham cracker crust that will make you fall in love with it all again and again.
When we talk about this cake’s history, the most widely supported version of cheesecake in America is the iconic New York cheesecake. Arnold Reuben, the owner of Reuben’s Restaurant and Delicatessen and The Turf Restaurant is known to be the inventor of this delicacy back in the 1920s.
How to Make New York Cheesecake Easily?
This recipe will help you make the classic NY-style cheesecake with a buttery graham cracker crust along with a rich, dense filling made using cream cheese, eggs, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, a dash of lemon, and a few tablespoons of flour!
Yes, you read that right! Flour is the most important ingredient while making this recipe. For the cheesecake filling, however, you need to use full-fat cream cheese, along with eggs and cream, at room temperature.
The ingredients are simple, but it is a little intimidating to make. The main reason is the custard as it needs to be baked gently in a water bath to ensure that there is no surface cracking. However, you need not worry as our NY-style cheesecake is totally doable, even for beginners!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: 12 serves
- 2 ⅔ cups (8oz/225g) Graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tablespoons (4oz/115g) butter melted
- 4 ½ cups (2lbs 4oz/1015g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup (1 ¼oz/35g) all-purpose flour
Method to Prepare
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and take a small bowl.
- Now, add cookie crumbs and melted butter to it. Press it into a springform tin. Slide the tin into the fridge to chill.
- With the help of a stand mixer or an electric mixture, whisk the cream cheese and sugar at high speed until smooth. Whisk until there are no lumps.
- Also fold vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice in the mixture.
- Slowly add eggs one at a time until fully blended. Your mixture will be nice and airy by now.
- Add in the flour and mix once again to combine.
- Now, pour water into an oven-proof tin and put it on the last rack of the oven.
- Add this mixture on top of the crackers in the tin. Slide it into the middle rack of the oven and bake for about 70 to 80 minutes.
- It will be done when there will still be a jiggle in the middle.
- Slide your prepared cheesecake into the fridge overnight.
- Serve it with some fruits, and whipped cream, and enjoy!
New York Style Cheesecake is dense and has a thick, creamy texture. Forget about the diet and more cream cheese to get the iconic texture for your cheesecake. It is the easiest way to bake this jiggly delicious cake at home. So, try it and present your friends and family with a delectable and toothsome dessert after a meal!